Caught in a Lie

Jin's uncle on his mother's side was a veterinarian about an hour away from where you lived.
You, Namjoon, and Jin entered the office, which caused a little bell attached to the door to ring. There were a couple customers in the waiting room holding various animals.
Jin skipped yo to the counter and greeted the secretary familiarly.
"We're here to see my uncle!" Jin told her.
The lady smiled and motioned the three of you into a formal office. You sat in chairs in front of a dark wooden desk and waited until Jin's uncle entered the office.
He had a jolly disposition and kind of a goofy grin. You could see the resemblance, personality-wise, in an instant.
"Hello!" The three of you stood and bowed when he entered and Jin smiled and embraced the man.
"This is my uncle, Bang Si-hyuk ," Jin introduced his uncle to you. "Uncle, these are Namjoon and Y/N."
"Nice to meet you! I heard you have a problem with your cat." Jin's uncle smiled at you and motioned for you to take a seat.
"Yes sir, we do," you said.
"Tell me what the problem is. I hope I can help."
Jin somehow managed to explain Jimin's symptoms without revealing that he was actually a person instead of a cat.
You all watched anxiously as Jin's uncle thought hard about it.
"Jinnie..." Mr. Bang said slowly. "Will you answer a question?"
You shifted uncomfortably at his expression. A bad feeling settled in your stomach.
"Sir?" Jin asked.
"You have a hybrid, don't you?"
The three of you sat frozen in silence for a moment, not believing your ears.
"Uh..." Jin said awkwardly.
Jin's uncle laughed heartily, waving his hand. "It's okay, really! I have a patient in the area who was attacked, but he was uncomfortable going to the hospital. I've been studying him, so maybe I can help you."
You were relieved at his statement, and hopeful. This was actually good; he might really be able to help Jimin.
"It's one of our friends," Namjoon told him. "He was changed and everything was fine until the other night. He got really weak and feverish and became extremely, er, territorial over a girl."
Jin's uncle nodded and snapped his fingers. "Yes, I've heard of that. It's common with animals also, but not as intense." Leaning his elbows on the table, Mr. Bang began to describe to you the situation.
"Animals come into a certain time where they are in prime condition for reproduction, so their body urges them to work at reproducing more often than normal during that time. It's called a heat."
Namjoon, Jin and you nodded in understanding.
"So he was having a heat?" Jin asked. "How often does this happen?"
"Well, its more than that." Mr. Bang crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. "From my experience with hybrids, it doesn't just happen. It has to be woken first."
"How?"
"You said he was possessive over a girl, right?"
You all nodded in confirmation.
"That girl is how," Mr. Bang said. Jin and Namjoon slowly turned to look at you and you couldn't do anything but stare back with startled eyes.
You shook your head and hissed, "Don't look at me! I've never started anything with him!"
Jin's uncle didn't hear you and kept talking.
"My other patient experienced something similar; he kissed a girl that he had like for a long time, and a couple days later he was in the same state as your friend. Went nuts, wouldn't let anyone else near her." Scratching his neck, Mr. Bang shrugged. "They were very close. It seems to be one specific person that the hybrid is close to; only they can wake up the heat."
"Will it happen again?" Jin asked.
Nodding, his uncle told you,"If your friend isn't having sexual relations with that girl, it'll probably happen again. She's the only one who can stop it."
You snorted in denial.
Oh heck to the no. I am not having sex with him because of something he started.
You crossed your arms over your chest and sat back in a defensive position, letting both Jin and Namjoon know that you were not going there.
The three of you thanked Jin's uncle and left in silence, pondering what he had told you.
"Should we tell Jimin?" Namjoon sighed.
"No," you responded immediately, but Jin considered.
"I think we should," he murmured. "He'd be angry if we didn't."
Turning fully to you, Jin frowned. "But when did you 'wake up his heat', per say? I didn't know you two were together like that."
"We aren't," you said flatly.
Sensing that it was a touchy subject, he backed off.
"I think we should tell him," Namjoon said. Jin agreed, and you just sighed.
The truth was finally going to come out.