First Words (Jojen Reed x reader) Soulmate AU

You glanced down at the words on your wrist again. "Hello, Y/N." That was it. Just those two words. But those two words spoke volumes. How did your soulmate already know your name when you haven't met yet? It also made you wonder what the words on their wrist were. Would you know your soulmate when you saw them? Sighing, you pulled your sleeve down and got up to pack up your small camp.

You had left your home in the dead of night in search of your soulmate. Everyone you knew already had their soulmates. You were the only one who hadn't and it hurt. You knew they were out there. You just had to find them, whoever they were. You admitted to yourself that you had no idea what you were doing, but you had managed to survive so far. You didn't know where you were going, but you felt a pull somewhere and you were determined to follow the pull.

Walking through the woods was getting more and more difficult as the air grew colder. You knew you had to be getting close to the Wall which means you'd been traveling for a long time. You let out a long sigh and wished, not for the first time, that you had someone to talk to. It was lonely traveling by yourself. No sooner had the thought crossed your mind did you hear voices.

Thinking quickly, you tossed your pack behind the closest tree and readied your bow. A small group of travelers appeared from the tree line. They stopped short upon seeing you and you took a moment to scan their faces. There were six of them and two direwolves. One of the travelers caught your eye more than the others. He was tall and lanky. Sandy blond hair sat atop his head, but it was his moss colored eyes that really caught your attention.

"You should put that down," one of the two women said. She had a knife in her hand. The blond next to her motioned for her to lower the small blade. He took a careful step toward you, his hands held up in a gesture of peace. "Hello, Y/N." You nearly dropped your bow in surprise.

Those words echoed in the back of your mind. After searching for so long, your soulmate was standing right in front of you and all you could think of was the question burning in the back of your mind. "How do you know my name?" The boy in front of you laughed softly as he took another step closer and another until he was next to you. He gently reached out and forced you to lower your bow.

"I will explain everything. My name is Jojen Reed," he said softly so only you could hear, "And I saw you in a dream. That is how I know your name." You narrowed your eyes and he could see the disbelief on your face. He pulled up his sleeve slightly and you could see the words there. "How do you know my name?" You glanced back up at his face and saw a small smile.

"It's wonderful to finally meet you in person. You are even more beautiful than in my dreams," he whispered before another voice called out. "Jojen? Is it...?" Jojen turned to face his group and nodded. "It is. Y/N is my soulmate." He looked back at you with such adoration, it almost knocked you off your feet. "Soulmate...finally," you said softly before dropping your bow to the ground and throwing yourself into Jojen's open arms. psiiG