Epilogue

"Patrick, can you set the table for me please? People will be here any minute."

"Sure," he says. I smile and thank him as he rolls his eyes.

That's Patrick, the oldest of the bunch. We adopted him first when he was three, and now he's fourteen. He was in foster care, and I was his social worker. He was such a great kid, and I couldn't bear to see him grow up in the same community that I did. So Harry and I decided to adopt him. We didn't expect that we would do the same for three other children, but that's another story.

"Hey," Harry scolds. "Don't roll your eyes at your mother."

I smile and kiss him.

"I have so much to do. People will be here any minute and I still need to get the kids ready. I'm not even done with dinner and I-"

"Okay. Take a deep breath," Harry instructs. I stop and do as told. "You need to relax."

"I know. I'm just stressed."

"I can see that," he chuckles. "I'll take care of the cooking. You go handle the kids. Don't worry. Everything is going to be great," he guarantees, kissing me once more. I smile and take a deep breath.

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Your head would probably explode."

"Probably."

I run upstairs to find Daniella and Max in their rooms.

"Come on. It's time to get ready. The family will be here soon," I tell them.

Daniella and Max are the related siblings. Daniella is the sweetest little girl I've ever met, and previously ranked as the youngest only being seven years old. Max can be the devil child at times, but we love him anyway. He's nine and likes to remind everyone that he's almost the oldest. Only a five year gap between him and Patrick Their mother abandoned them at a train station when they were infants. Again, I was their social worker. It didn't take long for them to join our family.

"Max, you need to wear your nice shirt for dinner tonight. And Daniella, did you pick out the dress you want to wear yet?"

"This one," she says, holding it up to me. I smile.

"Nice choice. Hurry and get dressed. I have to get ready too," I say, kissing each of them on the head and rushing out to get dressed myself. I quickly switch out of my food covered clothes and into a presentable outfit. Just as I finished, the doorbell rang.

"The family's here! Styles front and center!" I call through the house as I hurry down the steps. Daniella, Patrick, and Max all filed into the room. Harry followed with little baby Sophie in his arms.

Sophie is our latest addition. In fact, tonight would be the first time she would meet the entire family.

I took another deep breath and opened the door.

"Hello," greets Jamie with a big smile. I grin and hug her.

"Come on in," I say.

"Where are my favorite grandchildren?!" she asks, smiling as she hugged Patrick, Daniella, and Max all at once.

"Did you bring gifts?" Max asks excitedly. She laughs.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I brought gifts. But first, where's my newest little snowflake?"

"Right here," says Harry, offering up Sophie. Jamie smiles warmly at the sight of her.

"She's beautiful," she says, taking the small infant in her arms.