Ch. 24

My mouth drops as he walks away. "You're not in love with me." I argue to his retreating back. When he doesn't turn around I follow him.

"I am." He states, openly as he walks to the dresser.

"You can't just say words and expect me to believe them." I reply, flustered by his admission.

"You don't believe it?" He questions, opening his dresser drawer and taking out clean underwear.

"No! Sex doesn't equal love."

He stands up straight, scowling at me. "Careful." He warns, his eyes serious.

"Well, it makes no sense. We're barely together." I explain.

He drops his towel and put on his black Calvin Klein's. "We're dating. You're my girlfriend, I'm crazy about you. It's that simple." When I open my mouth to refute his claim. He holds up his hands and shakes his head. "I don't want to hear another word, unless it you admitting your feelings for me." I cross my arms and close my mouth. He's not going to hear it. He nods, knowingly. "Then don't say it, but don't talk about us to other people like it wasn't something more. If you wanted just sex, you would've done it already. You were waiting, and its not something that I'm taking lightly."

I put my hands up in surrender. "Okay, I can't do this serious talk. I really can't. I need a minute to think."

He whistles. "You're actually going to try it?" He asks, impressed.

I roll my eyes at his sarcasm. "I hope you're happy."

He nods. "Just don't hurt yourself." I glare at him and he walks towards me. He uncrosses my arms and tugs me against him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He chuckles when I let them fall and lifts my face towards him. "I'm not going to force you to say it. I was angry before, I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry." He states, shocking me. Did he just apologize? To me? What kind of trap is this?

"You're sorry?" I ask, stating the word as if I never heard it before.

He nods. "I was trying to use sex against you, to get you to say it. It wasn't right." He explains.

I push at his chest, not even moving him an inch. "You really think that would've worked?"

He smirks. "It was worth a try."

"I literally feel like it's still up there." I complain, shifting. I don't think I could've handled a second time so soon.

"Are you trying to tease me?" He growls.

"No, it really does." I tell him.

He steps back and pecks my lips lightly. "You better hope it feels better by tonight." He states, huskily.

I narrow my eyes at him, its not that I don't want him tonight. I fully intend on sleeping with him again. Its not painful, I can just feel that its been used, thats the only way I can describe it. "I think its you who better hope." I point out. He thinks about it for a second and nods. "What do we do now?" I ask, curiously wondering if we're putting this issue to bed...figuratively speaking.

He glances at the bed longingly.

"So, needy. See, this is why I avoided guys so long." I state, walking to the closet. "Text your sister, see where they're at and we'll meet them."

    After getting dressed and redoing my hair and makeup we meet most of the wedding party at a bar. Mya and her bridesmaids are at one end of a long table and the boys are at the other. I sit at the very end next to Becca and Mya.

"Well, aren't we lucky you could spare time for us." Mya, says sarcastically.

"You really think I wanted to be carted off like that?" I question.