Thirster 2467: 11.

"It's nothing exciting to hear." He starts and Marilyn shrugs, bending down and sitting on the floor.

"I don't care." Pierce stares at her for quite a while before sighing.

"It was during World War II. I escaped from the Soviet Union so I didn't have to fight in War. It was a long voyage but I made it to the United States because it was becoming an extremely diverse country and I knew I had to go. I left my younger brother and father behind after my mother died from an illness." He thinks for a while, thinking about the family he had before leaving them all behind.

"Do you regret leaving Russia?" She asks him and he shrugs.

"I did but at the same time I didn't. My brother was brainwashed in school that propaganda was good and that we all needed to be united by fighting the War together. I didn't agree and luckily I escaped. I was dropped in Maine and for weeks I was building up my reputation as a new American and getting a place to stay and a job."

"But the problem was that they saw an advantage of a man like me and made me register to draft. Sooner or later I was battling in War to fight for the Americans. We were going against the Germans and damn those Nazis." He chuckles at his comment and Marilyn furrows her eyebrows. He starts to play with the hem of his t-shirt, twisting and turning the cloth around his fingers. Marilyn watches him.

"Anyways at one of the military bases I was staying at, the alarms started to go off. As a new American and not knowing a lot of English yet, no one was taking their time to alert me what was happening. Of course before I knew it, the Axis bombed us and the whole place went into flames. It was at night and it was my birthday too." Marilyn's gaze looks up at him and her lips part in shock.

"You were twenty-eight."

"I guess my last human birthday came with a big bang."

"What year was this during the War?" He rolls his eyes up like he's trying to remember and suddenly a smirk appears on his lips.

"Nineteen-forty." Her mouth drops and his smirk doesn't disappear when he looks at her. "I escaped the building that was in flames but surrounding me wasn't what I wished on my birthday. Planes were in flames and bodies were scattered everywhere. Before I can leave another bomb as dropped from a plane flying over us and it hit the hospital where nurses cared for the wounded soldiers."

"There was a group of stranded young woman who were nurses stuck inside the building and men were helping them out. As a young handsome gentlemen I was, I went to help them. I found a way to them and they all escaped but with my luck I got stuck." Pierce furrows his eyebrows in confusion and his green forest eyes stare at the white tiles below him.

"I don't remember what happen after that. I just remember inhaling the smoke and ashes and losing conscious. I remember watching people run for their lives and buildings collapsing in the gray starring night. I remember the red orange flames burning others alive and firetrucks trying to stop it with all the water they had. Someone was dragging me and saved me. A woman to be exact and it was bizarre because she was a nurse."

"Was she a vampire?" Marilyn asks him and he stares at her, boring his eyes into hers. She can't help but stare back and he leans back in the chair, nodding his head.

"I still think that to this day. I would only see her at the military base in the building where they cared for the men. But only at night, never in the day. From that night, she turned me and the next morning I started burning in the sunlight until I hid in a basement of an apartment building where she abandoned me." Pierce slowly grows furious at himself for rethinking the worst memory of his life but this girl sitting in front of him has so much courage to be near him and hear his story.

"It wasn't hard to understand what I've become from the hunger of blood and the fangs trying to prod out of my gums. I felt my soul slowly disintegrate and die, I was changing mentally and physically. The only thing I did was prey, hunt and kill. That was my instincts and I didn't care about anything else."

"Over the years I made my way down here to New York and I've been here ever since. I only came out at night and hunted to full fill my hunger... nothing else. Not until in Central Park they took me here." Marilyn stares at Pierce for a long time in aw, feeling bad and sad for him. Pierce became something he didn't ask for and now he is suffering. Or would you say it's suffering?

Do these vampires enjoy their eternal living or do they hate it more than they hate themselves? If Pierce did lose his humanity, is there a way he can get it back? For any vampire to get it back?

Marilyn turns her body and looks at the clock that's hung on the wall outside of the box. She sighs when she realizes it has gotten late and she's been with the vampire for a very long time. Pierce stays quiet in his seat and thinks about his past life, growing extremely angry at the person that turned him.

Marilyn stands up and stretches her sore legs from sitting criss-cross for a long time. She looks around the bland room and bites the inside of her cheek, walking up to him. The vampire looks up at her with curious eyes before she leans down to him. Marilyn's heart pangs in fright at what she is doing but her mind isn't cooperating with her movement... it's her heart.

She wraps her arms about his body and gives him a tight squeeze. Her breathing has also increased from being so nervous and scared from being so close to a vampire. Pierce stares at the glass window ahead and doesn't move at all. He feels her warm body against his, it's calming him down.

"I'm sorry." Marilyn whispers in his ear, running her fingers through the back of his long hair. She quickly pulls away and heads to the door. She types in the code to leave and when the door unlocks she leaves, the door locking when it shuts.

Pierce stares at the ground in concern at what just happened. A human just hugged him and he hasn't been hugged in so many years. Her warmth is still against his pale cold skin, brewing the blood that's left in his veins.

Maybe vampires are seen the wrong way and they make themselves be seen like dangerous monsters. Maybe they can be seen differently, just like how Marilyn is seeing Pierce.

~~~~~

Hello!! Another quick update for you amazing readers :)

vote

comment

follow me :)