Hockey Tournament Pt. 4: The Morning After

Lauren woke up the next morning around 9 am. She saw her girlfriend sleeping on the couch. She decided not to wake Camila and just grabbed her stuff and went over to the rink for practice. She stayed after her practice and watched the game before her own. During the third period, Lauren went into her team's locker room and got dressed. Just before the game was starting she looked around for her girlfriend and didn't see her anywhere. She felt sad, but still needed to play the game. After about an hour the game was over. She sucked it up big time because her mind was everywhere but the game, but her team still won. Lauren skated off the ice and went straight into the locker room.

Camila heard Lauren leave. She didn't sleep much through the night, so when the older girl left the room, she felt an overwhelming weight of guilt. She told Lauren that she wanted to go to the practice with her, and she didn't.

Instead, Camila waited and came in halfway during the first game. Lauren... she hadn't done well. Errors were made and she felt horrible. Maybe she had something to do with that. When everyone left the rink, she walked towards the locker rooms. She leaned against the wall and smiled softly to the players who were leaving. She was waiting for Lauren. She wasn't sure what to do. She wasn't sure how to fix this.

Lauren was beating herself up, hard. She played like crap that game and it was because she couldn't stop thinking about Camila. Never in her life did she ever let another person influence the way she played. But for some reason she just couldn't focus today. Thankfully they still won the game.

The raven-haired girl waited until everyone was out of the locker room before changing out of her gear and throwing it angrily into her bag. She didn't bother showering, knowing she had a game later that night. Lauren sat on the bench and took a minute to herself before getting dressed and grabbed her bag, throwing it over her shoulder and walking out of the locker room. She walked out and saw Camila standing there. She make eye contact with her girlfriend, but instead of walking over to her, Lauren just clenched her jaw and walked right past the girl.

Camila looked down at the ground as she waited for Lauren outside of the locker room. She was so pissed off at herself. No matter how upset she was, she shouldn't have reacted the way she did and she should have still been supportive of her girlfriend at her game. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair; she needed to apologize to her girlfriend.

The younger girl's head whipped up when the locker room door opened again and out came a pissed off Lauren. She took a step forward and went to open her mouth but Lauren continued walking. She looked down again and took a deep breath. "Lauren, wait... please," her voice was soft. "I'm sorry... we'll do what you want, okay? We won't say anything to anyone. I won't bother you about it anymore.... please just stop walking away from me."

Lauren kept walking. She made it to the first set of doors before hearing Camila call her name. She sighed and stood still, waiting for a moment before turning around. "I'm not doing this here." She said. They had a few hours until her next game at 6. Lauren opened the door and kept walking until she was outside.

Camila nodded. "Okay..." She walked behind Lauren, her hands in her pockets. She felt like she had just lost her best friend. Sure, she was being dramatic but she loved Lauren. It hurt her to know Lauren was angry with her.

Lauren noticed that Camila was following behind her, but still keeping her distance. She walked across the street and into the hotel before taking the elevator up to their room. Lauren opened the door and went inside, setting her bag down and holding the door open for her girlfriend. Camila followed the girl into the elevator and up the room. She leaned against the wall and looked up at her. "I'm sorry..." She whispered. "I love you and I don't want to fight anymore."