Chapter 9: Friends? Sure

"Shit, they're so hot." Landon whispered as fifth harmony take over the stage. They just arrived at the venue and Landon held some flowers for Dinah. Camila was next to rehearse and she waited patiently for her turn. They took seats as audiences and watched as the stage manager brief the girls one last time.

Dinah, Normani and Ally were listening intently at the guy but Lauren's focus was on Camila, without her realizing it. She kept on staring at the younger girl, who was laughing at something Landon said. Her lips involuntarily formed a smile. Camila's smile was contagious. She missed her Camz. And fuck she looked gorgeous today, with her slightly wavy hair and her sleepy eyes.

Camila felt as if she was being watched and when she looked up onstage, her prediction was right, as the green eyed girl blushed furiously and looked away. Camila was confused, why was she staring at her?

"Landon, psst."

"What?"

"Is there anything on my shirt or something?" Camila asked, pointing at her shirt, feeling insecure. Landon stared at her face and then at her black shirt, nothing.

"Nope, why?"

"Nothing." Camila mumbled, leaving both Landon and herself confused as hell.

The music started and they got into position. They did input some R&B on the new album, but the songs were still mostly pop and the routines were still sexual. They performed four songs and Camila couldn't help but stare at Lauren the whole time. I mean, can you blame her? That girl is a goddess. Her hair was pulled into a bun and she was wearing a grey hoodie with black sweatpants. She was effortlessly beautiful and Camila loved it. She loved how innocent and cuddly Lauren looked and the urge to tackle her into a hug was real.

Lauren, on the other hand, knew that she was the center of the younger girl's attention. She blushed every time their eyes met and both girls immediately looked away. Just like before.

When they finished their last songs, Camila, Landon and some of the backstage staff quickly erupted in applause. They held hands and bowed down, breaking Camila's heart, wanting to stand up on the empty spot beside Ally and hold her hand to do the same thing they used to do.

They met each other backstage and Camila pulled Dinah into a hug. After what happened backstage with Roger, Dinah and Camila got closer and they eventually exchanged their new numbers. Camila still felt weird for hanging out with them like nothing ever happened, but she just didn't want to get into any more drama.

"Wow girls, that was amazing." Camila complimented. Then, Landon walked in and handed the flowers to Dinah. Their cheeks went super red and the rest of the girls all awed and made fun of them.

"Damn Dinah, your cheeks can't get any redder." Normani teased.

"Shut up Mani," Dinah glared at her warningly "but thanks Landon." All of a sudden, her face turned soft and pulled Landon in for a hug.

"AWWWWWW" The girls cooed.

"Camila, your turn. Now." Roger called, his tone harsh. Lauren felt her anger rise up but Normani quickly touched her arm, to help her calm down.

"Um, I'll see you guys." Camila waved as she followed Roger. Landon and the girls walked out and sat down. Landon saw Camila rehearse yesterday and knew she'd kill it today.

She performed her usual five singles that went viral. But for every performance, she wanted to surprise her fans with a new song from the album coming that Friday.

"Dear Moon,
How've you been?
I bet you're sick of this lovesick kid
Just trying to be free.
I got something to tell you
I hope he feels it too
Or else I'll just be sitting here forever
too tired and too blue