Chapter Fifty-One

|Toni|

"Would you like to order now," the waitress asked irritated. She had been standing up there for ten minutes straight, waiting on me to order. I looked at her for a second before looking back down at my phone. Just looking at the text message pissed me off. The ringleader had texted me and let me know that the boss had escaped the nursing home last week. I took a deep breath before putting my phone on the table. I was going to handle this situation later. Right now, I had to act like everything was ok before my company arrived.

"Uh no, my guest should be here any minute. You can bring me back some fruity flavored water tho' and go light on the flavor, I'm carrying a little baby. Wouldn't want to have to sue this little restaurant because my baby came out fruity," I joked. The waitress twisted her lip up at me before walking away.

"Bitch," I whispered under my breathe. I looked around at the few palm trees that were surrounding my table. It was hot as shit outside and the little wind that was blowing, wasn't doing me no type of justice. The waitress bought my drink back to the table. My phone rung and I quickly picked it up excited to see my brother calling.

"Wassup big bro," I squealed through the phone.

"Not yo lil sneaky ass. I thought you was going to North Carolina for a job or some shit. Why you keeping secrets, fuck is you lying for? Toni if you in some type of trouble let me know so I can help you out," he said concerned. I raised an eyebrow and scanned around the area. How the hell did he know I was still in New Orleans?

"I'm not in any trouble, I told you that already. Plus if I was how were you going to help me. You got twelve all on yo ass. You probably can't take a shit in peace, because they asses sitting in the damn bathroom watching you. And for your information I have to finish up my training here in New Orleans. What the fuck, are you spying on me or some shit," I asked annoyed.

"Nobody ain't spying on you."

"Then how did you know I was still in New Orleans," I asked as I watched my guest approach the hostess. She seemed like something was bothering her and I couldn't wait to find out what it was.

"Mane I seen yo ass at the burger joint the other day. I can tell you exactly what you order and everything. Anyways you hear Mónéy having a lil party tonight. You going or what," he asked changing the subject. I smacked my lips as I watched the hostess look at the list of reservations.

"I'm not sure yet. She's cool with Mona, but who knows when the last time they talked. Mona didn't mention the birthday bash to me, the last time we talked. What about you, are you going," I asked. I heard him snicker before saying anything.

"You know I'm going, I got access to everything she do and she don't even know it. Look tho', you need to link up with Mona and ask her could you be her plus one. I'm trynna set some shit up. We gon' fuck wit' that nigga Icy's head tonight. Some shit is about to go down and imma need for you to be there," he stated. I nodded my head slowly as I watched the hostess point towards me. My guest smiled as she strutted over to where I was.

"I got you, I'll try to convince Mona to let me be her plus one instead of one of them bum ass niggas. Anyway I'm kinda in the middle of something right now, I'll call you a few hours before the party," I stated. He smacked his lips and said bye before we ended the call. I stood to my feet and smiled as Chanel approached me. I peeped her designer dress and heels she was wearing, before giving her a hug. She pulled back and kissed both of my cheeks, before taking the seat next to me.

"How are you, how's everything going," she asked happily. I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Everything's going good for me. I won't even ask you how you're doing. It's obvious from the way you're glowing, that your pregnancy is going well. Are you excited about becoming a mom," I asked. I really didn't care about how she felt because if I had it my way, she wouldn't make it to five months. I wanted to be Icy's one and only baby mama. I didn't want my baby to have to share its daddy, even though he wasn't biologically the father.