Chapter Nine

Persephone could hear her older sister run to Queenie's aid.
"What's going on, Queenie?" she asked as the magicked the mess on the floor clean.
Queenie was silent for a moment, staring at the now clean floor. She was internally raging.
"Persephone Caltheia Goldstein!" she shouted and the words shook the young girl standing behind the doors.
Persephone hesitated, she turned back to Credence who sighed and nodded toward the door. It was now or never. The youngest sister burst into tears and opened the door, "I didn't mean to, Queenie," she muttered as the eldest sister ran over.
Porpentina hugged her sister and looked to the boy, and then back to Queenie; "What's going on?"
"Why don't you tell her what's goin' on? Huh, Persephone?" she asked sternly, slamming her wand down onto the table. She was furious. No, she was seething. She thought her sister knew better, they were always taught to never tell. And what did her little sister do? Tell a No-Maj. Queenie was sick of it. Her sister was always babied and favorited by everyone. She loved her dearly, but she was just tired of the special treatment.
"I-I... I casted a spell in front of a No-Maj. Mary-Lou Barebone," she whispered.
Tina gasped and pulled away from her sister, "You did what? Persephone," she said warningly.
"I casted it at her," she muttered as she buried her head in Credence's chest. He hugged her close and glanced at her sisters.
"Oh my god, Persephone this is a Section 4. You're gonna get killed," Tina muttered and shook her head.
"She was hurting Credence!" she screamed and sobbed, shaking. The two sisters looked up, their eyes softening.
"She was hurting Credence, a-and I just couldn't stand for it. She was abusing him," she whispered sadly and looked back to her sisters.
They were quiet for a moment as they all gathered their thoughts.
"I-I have to report this, but I'll try to stand up for you when they trial you," Tina muttered as she thought through the steps of how this would all go down.
Queenie fed the everyone and told them to go to bed. Tomorrow would be a rough day.
-
Persephone retired to bed but she couldn't sleep. Credence was on the couch, alone to his devices. Persephone waited until her sisters were fast asleep before inviting him into her room. It was a bit odd, and not really practiced but she couldn't leave him alone. For all she knew, he wouldn't know who she was tomorrow. She needed to spend this time with him.
"Credence?" she whispered.
He opened his eyes and glanced over at her. She waved him over, her purple nightgown shining in the light. He bit his lip, looking over her. It was inappropriate. He shook his head and then closed his eyes again.
"Credence, please," she whispered weakly.
He sighed and stood up, walking over to her room. She quickly wrapped her arms around him.
"I'm so scared, Credence."
He frowned and wrapped her arms around her, "Don't be afraid, Perse."
She shook her head, "They're going to take your memories away, your memories of me," she whispered.
"Then I better remember your beautiful face," he said softly and looked down at her.
She looked up at him and leaned into his hand as he caressed her cheek.
"I can't lose you, Credence. I just can't," she muttered, staring into his dark eyes.
"There are other fellas in New York, you can find someone better," he said and snorted.
She shook her head and stared up at him, "I love you, Credence," she muttered.
He was quiet for a moment before he leaned down and connected their lips. It was perfect. It was amazing and euphoric. They stood there, kissing until they couldn't breath and then pulled away, panting slightly.
"I love you too," he whispered and smiled, kissing her forehead.
Persephone grinned and took his hand, leading him to her bed. It wasn't sexual, she just wanted to spend a night with him in love. No thought about the world. The two fell asleep peacefully, not a care about what may happen tomorrow.

-

A/N: I'm back, sorry guys I was waiting until the movie came out so I could rewatch it and be inspired. Be prepared for more timely updates. Thanks for reading. <3 The Small Teaspoon