Chapter 25: Accidents!

Evelyn's POV

I woke up alone in bed. No warm or rather hot body of my husband next to me. No warmth, nothing! This wasn't the time to get upset about this. I knew what I got myself into last night, and this isn't any lovey-dovey relationship to expect such things. Right?
But he did tell someone on phone that day that he can't wait to get a divorce from me, right? Doesn't he love Melanie? Isn't that why I'm leaving? Then why did he do it last night? Oooh forget it! Don't find reasons to stay now Evelyn Katherine Linard! You made up your mind last night, didn't you? It's your last time.

I covered myself with the duvet and moved into the bathroom. I'm going to miss the sex with Nick if not anything. I didn't get a chance to tell him 'I Love You' though.
Don't stay to embarrass yourself Eve... just move on.... I thought to myself and quickly finished with my shower which is the most boring thing. I don't know how people shower like 10times a day especially in movies. I can hardly do it once.

I had this strong feeling to stay but... no. Thanks to Nick who left bed early.... he already made my decision easy. When he doesn't need you, why do you want to hang on to him like a burden.
Yesterday's luggage that I had packed was waiting near the bedroom door. I guess Nick brought it here. I got out my clothes that I am to wear today and zipped it again. I had this pale orange colour dress on. I brushed my hair free from knots and tangles and tied my wet, straight hair into a bun aaand I went on with a pink lipstick. Ugh! I wish to see Nick once before I leave.

I pulled my suitcase behind me and slowly crept to Nick's study and slowly pushed open the door only to find it empty. Where's my husband?

"Ma'am?" I heard a whisper behind me that scared me to death. I jumped around with my hand clutched to my chest.

"Uhm... I-I'm sorry.. if I caught you off guard.." said a cute guy. He looked to be in his early twenties... looked quite innocent.

"You are?!" I asked sternly. Who the fvck is he and what the fvck is he doing in my home?

"Ma'am... uh... I'm the new cook." He looked rather scared of me... of me? That's a first.

"You?" I asked. I mean I thought cooks are usually old right? I mean ya middle aged but not really this young. He seemed kind of taken aback by my question. "I mean you are so young" I said with a small smile so that he feels easy around me, but he just nodded. "Uh and the kitchen is in the opposite direction" I said pointing at the other side and he nodded again turning towards the opposite side, towards the kitchen.

Strange... I thought and pulled my luggage again behind me, dragging it towards the front door.
Before I could step out, I heard the same voice again.
"Ma'am, would you like to have something before you leave?" He asked. I turned around and eyed his stiff posture. Though he's cute and all I think I find him kind of creepy.

"Uh no, actually, I'm in a hurry" I said, and he nodded like a robot then turned around to leave.

Just then my phone rang... again! Who is it now? Chrissy? I saw her name displayed on my phone screen. "Hey Christina!" I called her with the long name she hates.

"Kate... Kate! You have to be here. Now!" Her voice was... tired. She breathed heavily and I knew something was wrong.

"Chrissy calm down. What happened? Where are you?"

"Restaurant... fire... fire there's... You just come here now!-"

"Hello? Hello? Chrissy?!" I hissed but I already heard a long beep that she had already cut the call. When I called again it was switched off. What the fvck?! She can't give me such a big shock and switch off her cell. She couldn't complete her sentence, but I wasn't that dumb to not understand the meaning behind her clear words.
I should be there right now.
I heard my phone ringing again. "Hello Chrissy?"