Forty-One

"Forever and ever, you'll stay in my heart, and I will love you. Forever and ever, we never will part, oh, how I love you"

 Forever and ever, we never will part, oh, how I love you"

"How can it possibly be this cold!" I exclaim, shuffling closer to Harry to borrow some of his warmth

"How can it possibly be this cold!" I exclaim, shuffling closer to Harry to borrow some of his warmth. Holding me in close, his lips gently caress my shoulder lovingly, and I feel him hardening against my lower back.

"I think I might know of a way that I can warm you up," he suggests, and I scoff in reply.

"Again? Really Harry?" I laugh.

"It's been ages," he persists, moving his persuasive kisses to my neck, knowing it's one of my many weaknesses.

"You must have a very short memory, as you woke me at four thirty to make love to you," I laugh, acting cross with him, when really, I absolutely love that he still finds me as desirable as he did when we first met.

"And I loved every minute of it," he proclaims, spooning me tighter from behind, tempting me to give in.

"Of course you did," I giggle. "Because you had me doing all the work. You woke me, interrupting my much needed beauty sleep, and then had the audacity to ask me to get on top. I won't be falling for that again," I smile, sitting up to rest my back against the headboard of the bed, leaving him there on the bed; elbow propping him up on his side, looking up at me.

"I object," he responds quite nonchalantly, that same intriguing manner that draws me in each and every time.

"You would," I accuse in reply, unable to maintain a straight face.

Looking up at me, he sends me the same smile that helped me fall in love with him so easily. His beautiful, almost embarrassed smile that he tries so hard to control, though nothing could hold back something so powerful. He's gorgeous.

"Do you sometimes feel like our life is just too perfect?" I curiously enquire, wondering if he feels the same.

"What do you mean by that?" he asks, and he too sits up in the same position as me.

"You know. Like things are going almost too well. I'm at a wonderful place in my career, I'm getting my life together - a niece or nephew on the way. Enough friends that I can keep up with... and you."