||I f I W e r e A B i r d||

F o r t y  F o u r
This one is for amnanisar23
:)

I don't think anything makes me more emotional than when Allah answers my dua despite my sins.

Mashal

"I thought you were going to take me somewhere romantic." I groaned as I examined the room Zeyara had brought me in. It was not a large hall like Khawlah but just a tiny room with a single punch bag hanging from the rafts in the middle.

"People are preparing for a war and then there's my wife." He said sarcastically as he grabbed a pair of boxing gloves from a shelf at the back.

I frowned at the comment. "Well if not a Chinese candle light dinner, at least we could have a normal dinner."

He turned around and walked up to me with the red gloves in his hands. "Chinese candle light dinner? Nah. You'll get to experience Israeli bomb light dinner soon."

Zeyara grabbed my right hand and slipped on the glove while I tried to make sense of his words.
When I finally understood what he meant, a groan escaped my lips. "I don't want to do this Zeyara. I've tried but I can't fight. I'm not made for it."

He ignored me and strapped the left glove on my left hand as well. "Go and punch." He ordered, pointing at the punch bag.

"You are joking right?"

"Absolutely!. ......not. Do it." He crossed his arms and said firmly.

"But you know I can't do it! I had been punching that stupid bag in Khawlah for so long but it didn't even budge."

"Do it Mashal."

"But--"

"Do it."

"Fine." I grumbled as I moved over to the bag. "You're probably the bad Zeyara pretending to be-"

"You speak one more time, I'll go and find some duct tape." He affirmed, "and I'm not even joking."

He did look serious when he said that so I shut up and punched the bag.
Thankfully the gloves shielded the force for me and I didn't feel any pain.
I looked back at Zeyara for acknowledgement and he sighed. "You need a lot of work."

"Yes! Exactly! That's what I mean." I pulled off my gloves happily and started walking towards the door. "I can't do it. Now please let's just go I'm tired."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the door. "You're trapped. It's your mahr. I have to teach you to fight."

"Ugh! Can I not remove that--"

"Pushups. Twenty. Now." He interrupted.

"What?!"

"I said do twenty pushups." He shrugged as if he was asking me to bring him a glass of water.

I protested for a few minutes but it was useless so I gave in and started doing what he told me to.

I got tired after the second one.

I was literally the image of a dying fish pulled out of the water. I lay flat on the floor, my arms almost dead. "I can't do it!"

"Two done, eighteen left." He replied. "You're not leaving this room till you're done."

"You can't force me!" I groaned.

"Well you were the one who said that even if you beg me to let you go, I should lock you in my room and say 'You're mine woman. You're not going anywhere.' And I am doing exactly the same."