Chapter 41

"Hey, champ!" Camila said as Lauren walked bleary eyed into the outer room of their suite. She'd been woken by the sound of voices talking away and the unmistakable sound of the woman's laughter.

"How are you feeling this morning, Lauren?" Dinah asked from one of the sofas, where she was sipping what smelled annoyingly like coffee, her gym outfit barely covered by a dark blue robe. She could feel her empty stomach wincing at the thought of the bitter liquid this early in the morning.

"Tired," she replied flopping down onto the sofa next to Camila and accepting the glass of orange juice she poured for her gratefully.

"Did we wake you?" Camila asked, leaning over to kiss her just before she took a sip. "Sorry, babe. I did hope to let you get a bit of a sleep in, you looked like you needed it."

"It's fine. I should have been up before now anyway," she said sipping at the cold juice with relish. "What's going on, pajama party?"

"I thought I'd come over to say congratulations, and iron out our plans for tonight," Dinah said tilting her coffee cup to her. "Nice check to take home, Lauser," she continued.

"Yeah, that's going to help a lot actually." she told her as Camila snuggled into her arm "Comfortable?" she added pointedly with a hint of joking sarcasm.

"Yes, thanks," Camila replied patting her on the thigh "and it's 'checks' actually, DJ. Don't forget the ones Papi has to hand over to her charities,"

"Fuck awful trophy, though," she said looking at the multi-layered monstrosity that was propped up against the wall in the corner.

"I like your trophy," Camila said slapping her on the leg again, "It's going to look great on display, especially with that photo they took of you holding it up on the wall next to it,"

She groaned at the thought of the stupid pose they'd got her to make, holding up the trophy like a race star. The two women chuckled at her face and pressed on with their teasing.

"Well, I've got to say I'm very glad it's going back with you, Lauren. I'm sure it'll look just lovely in your new place,"

"I think I might get it shipped with Normani," she said ignoring the pair of them as best she could as they grinned openly at each other. "Might look best in the office, you know? Something to impress the clients with, in the boardroom."

"With that photo on the wall next to it?" Camila said nudging her with her elbow.

"Definitely not," she said, shaking her head.

"No?"

"No!"

Their laughter wasn't even interrupted by the knock at the door. Faking a huff, Lauren got off the sofa and went to open it, checking through the eyepiece first before opening it on the chain.

"Well, if you want me to go away, Lauren, mija, I will," Sinu said as she finally opened the door to let her in.

"Don't mind her, Mami, it's just her way," Camila said hugging her mother as she sat down next to her, nicking Lauren's spot. "I don't think she can help herself sometimes,"

"You know what?" she said, shaking her head at the three of them as they smiled at her. "I think I might just go back to bed and see if this morning can turn into something other than 'pick on Lauren day',"

"Have these two been picking on you, mija?" Sinu said sympathetically clipping Camila on the back of the head gently.

"Ow, Mami!" Camila protested, "stop that. Dinah and I was just trying to ensure that she doesn't get a big head after yesterday,"