Ten: Girl And Boy

This chapter will be in the point of view in both Zoe and Park. I will make it clear when it switches.

Zoe's POV:

The look on Park's face was so serious I found myself shivering to the bone because of the intimacy of it.

"W-what?"

"You heard me."

No, no, no. It didn't matter how much I cared about Park, it wouldn't work. I didn't deserve him, I was too broken to ever love him like he loved me. It didn't matter how much I loved him–

Wait, I loved him?

When did this happen? When did I deicide I loved Park Flower?

It was never something I confirmed to myself. I knew I cared for him, but loving him was another thing.

"Be my girlfriend?"

He wanted me? How could he ask me such a thing? Was this a prank?

I nearly broke when I saw his heartbroken expression because I knew what my answer would be. "Park, I can't—"

"Oh, and I'm not taking no for an answer incase you were wondering."

He said the words so casually. My jaw dropped.

"What do you want me to say then?"

"Yes." He shrugged as if I could simply just do that.

"I can't... we can't... it just... UGH!"

Why was he doing this? Didn't he see me how I saw myself; a broken and depressed individual?

"Please?" He crumbled behind her very eyes. He looked so fragile, so weak and... helpless. How could I say no now?

And even though I knew I didn't deserve Park and I would drag him in my down fall, I couldn't help but want him too.

And I guess that along with how himself looked so broken in that single moment, I found myself nodding.

"We'll argue..."

"We'll make up."

"I'm too broken..."

He chuckled softly. "I guess we're a perfect match then because I'm broken too."

I sigh. "I'll be my usual sad self..."

"I'll make you laugh."

"Then I guess we can—" I didn't even get the words past my mouth. I was too preoccupied with kissing Park as soon as his lips latched on to mine.

It didn't matter that I had no kissing experience, Park was kissing me and I was kissing him back. It was simple, easy and full of passion.

***

We walked back in to the Coffee Shop, hand in hand, heads held high and lips red and tingling.

By the time me and Park had finished our little... session, the small shop had cleared out, only Jade and Joe present.

"HA, I knew it! What did I say, Uncle Joe? I said—"

"That the two would end up together." Joe finished with a small smile.

"Exactly."

I blushed. It turned out everyone expected me and Park to get together... except from me.

Joe cleared his throat, "Erm, can I talk to you alone for a second, Park?"

Park gives him a confused nod – a smile still on his face – before nodding. "Wait for me here, I'll be out soon." He kissed my freckle kissed cheek and let go of my hand, following Joe into the kitchen.

Park's POV:

"What's this about, Joe?" I asked lightly. I wanted to get back to Zoe. I had told her I loved her. She didn't say it back, but it wasn't anything I didn't expect. I couldn't expect her to return my extreme feelings; we hadn't known each other that long.

"I wanted to talk to you about the Coffee Shop..." Oh no, was it still going to shut down? Was everything I did not enough? "I've been thinking about this for along time, Park. I've always told you that you shouldn't waste your money by saving it, you should go out and have some fun, you haven't even reached your mid twenties for pete's sake." Not this again...

"You no longer need to save your money anymore, Park, you can do whatever you want with it, because... I'm giving the Coffee Shop to you."

"Say again?" Was this some sort of cruel joke?

"I wasn't sure either at first, but watching how you handled things today, I'm positive. The Coffee Shop is yours." He gets out the keys from his pocket and throws them at me as if to emphasis his point.

"Your being serious?" My voice was a whisper.

"Yes, you deserve this, Park."

Whoever said real men don't cry were wrong. Or maybe they were right and I'm simply not a real man. Whatever the reason, I couldn't possibly care.

I hug the man who had gave me a job, friendship and so much more. "Thank you so much. This is my dream!" Well, part of it. Maybe with Zoe, the other off will come true...

"I know, Park."

***

Me and Zoe snuggle on her small couch with a blanket draped over us both. "Everything's coming together..." She mumbled softly, her loveable smile printed on her face.

"Nearly everything. Have you figured out what you're going to do with your book?"

The smile dropped and I regretted bringing the subject up, but I couldn't take it back now. "No," She groaned, "I can't think of anything to write about."

A grin replaced the concerned look on my face and I looked down at her, as she tilted her head to look at me. "I know what you can write about."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

I cupped her cheek with my right hand and leaned in even closer to her. Our noses were touching and she smelt like strawberries. Then I whispered; "Write about us."

The short story has come to an end. I might make a number two or maybe just an epilogue to this.

If you want to check out any of my other books, I have started a new book called Gold Blooded and will be updating it every Tuesday and Friday so there will be regular updates for certain unlike this book where I was not sure exactly where I was heading with it. I am actually already nearly finished writing the book, just rereading and doing minor editing jobs.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this story, feel free to comment any opinions or thoughts you had.

Lots of love,

sinfultruth.