Chapter Twenty

Emerald

I felt like my shoulder was burning off. I groaned and was breathing heavily.

"-why he acted strange around her? I'm such a bad sister" I heard Rae's muffled voice from across the room. Where the hell am I? I know I'm on a bed. I kept sniffing around smelling Ryder. I gasped feeling shudders go down my body as I touched my shoulder.

No. no no no no. My breathe went shaky as I sat up on the bed and put my whole palm on my right shoulder. I bit my lip as tears started to pour out.

He marked us. Kya was confused on between the fact that she should be happy or angry. I sniffled and started to sob.

"Dylan is no more. You are not Dylan's for you are mine"

His words seemed to be drilled into my mind. He took Dylan away from me. Dylan was gone. Not connected to me. At first he was dead. Now he's gone. Not in any part apart of me.

I kept sobbing and I heard a door open. "Emerald! I'm so so so sorry" Rae engulfed me into a hug and I let her, it wasn't her fault.

"N-nothing is you fault" I studded out and she hugged me again.

"How can I not tell that my brother found his mate. It was obvious, well more obvious now but still" I sniffled and then brought my hands to my face wiping the tears. She was rubbing comforting circles on my back and I sighed.

"He took away Dylan from me..."

"Dylan?" I nodded.

"My first mate" she shifted uncomfortably on the bed and then patted my back.

"You know what I think we both need?" My head tilted a bit as I traced patterns into the bed sheet.

"What?"

She grabbed my hand and stood me up. "Let's go for a run" instantly I smiled shifting into my silver wolf.

~

At least now we get to explore the territory, well at least you I know this place like the back of my hand

Rae spoke through the mind link as we were running through the forest. I barked at her and I heard the sounds of a stream. I followed Rae and heard a splash. She barked at me as I stood by the waters edge.

Something wrong? I heard her shifting from her wolf in the water.

I never learned how to swim

"It's easy first shift human and then come in slowly its not that deep" I listened shifting back  to human and slowly made my way in. "It's easy, first get a feel of the water and then keep kicking your legs to stay up"

~

I actually learned to swim! It was great once I got the hang of it. Something happy that's happened in the last few weeks.

We went back to the pack house and got dressed into clothes. Mate is trapped in cells. Kya whimpered in my mind.

He hurt us Kya he deserves to be there

Can we at least see him? He has to have a reason for marking us so early. Oh maybe he really does lo-

Kya if he at all cared for us then he would've have waited and not taken Dylan away from us.

You still have the sash over your eyes..

Fine we will see him but I'm done with this conversation. She cheered making me groan and I walked out of his room. What. He still had my stuff here. 

I made my way down the steps and as soon as I reached the bottom step someone pushed me down to the ground with a growl. I landed on my butt and groaned.

"Watch it runt!" The woman screamed. I sniffed the air and smelled it was the same woman from before, about a week maybe I ran into her.

"S-sorry about that" I whispered, getting up and I felt her clutch at my collar of my shirt.

"You better be sorry. You need to watch where your going. Oh wait. Whoops. Your blind" I heard snickering, at least two other girls. Great.

"Great. I can see you brought your little group" the snickering stopped and she let go of my collar. "Yeah can I go I have someone of actual importance to see" I spat at the last part.

"Who dirt? Cause that's your rank right now" the snickering and slight giggles sounded matching her high pitch scratchy voice perfectly.

"No need to talk about yourself like that Sweetie" I patted her shoulder smiling and then walked right past her. She scoffed and growled.

"Watch your back bitch!"

"Like I said before we are all bitches here!"

~
Ryder's

I just stared at the wall. I had a racket ball with me. My source of fucking entertainment.

Bum.Bum.Thump

Bum.Bum.Thump

Wall.Floor.Hand

Wall.Flood.Hand

I heard a door open making me tilt my head. It was a soft voice mixed with a rough one. Another door opened and she came out. Her head was down as she struggled to make her way over.

"I'm over here" my voice came out deep. She followed and then rested her hands against the bars.

"I only came because of Kya. She wouldn't leave me alone" Dane whimpered and I put him to the side.

"So I'm guessing you want to see Dane then, you would rather not see me after I put you through hell"

"I already been to hell Ryder and it's worse than you as it haunts my dreams" I leaned back on the wall and she sighed. "I'm letting you out. You deserve another chance and since I'm stuck with you now, best make it work" she motioned to her mark on her shoulder. I couldn't help but stare but it's not like she could notice.

"What about my father? He's gonna be here for another week"

"If he catches us in your room together I'll mask my scent and say I'm your 'pack whore' or whatever" she shrugged and I sighed.

But she isn't that

"Fine. What about that little deal with your 'father' " she frowned at my response and cleared her throat.

"I only have one day. Tomorrow I have to make a decision "

"You already have a decision. You are not going. I'm sorry for your lost" straightforward.

"You know he took Jace too. And I stand here thinking he's got it better with his dad. But then I think he's not. Because my mother is tied up, alone somewhere"

"We will discuss this tommorow then  if she means so much to you, right now I really just want to get out" she smirked a bit and then opened the cell door.

"It was open all this time you know" oh cmon!

A/N
Hello my Lovelies <!> <!>

So getting better. Operation Ryder x Emerald is a go! Btw her mark is up to the side. And did I put this song before? I think I did. Eh I don't care.

Question: Got any theory's on her Mom and her 'Father'?

Remember
Comment/Vote/Share/Repeat

Toodles

Maddy