27 - "The Breakup"

Cilia sighed as the coach bus finally pulled back into the drop off station. The engine cut off and everyone cheered, thanking the bus driver for a safe trip as bags were gathered and passengers got out. She felt so relieved. It was a long five and a half hour ride back due to traffic, so now that it was 9:00PM, Cilia was grateful to be back in New York.

Cilia and Allele stood at the end of the block while Allele called a taxi. They waited for about ten minutes before the yellow taxi pulled up and they got in. After Cilia rattled off their address, the two fell back into their seats drifting off into their own worlds. Cilia noticed for some reason Allele was quiet and had been since they left New Jersey. She wasn't really feeling uncomfortable around him after what they did, and she didn't think he was either, he didn't seem like it. But for the day he had just been really distant. She shrugged it off thinking he just wasn't in the mood to talk; she understood because everyone had those kind of days.

"Um, I'm going out tonight...friend's house." Cilia uttered after twenty minutes.

Breeze's house was the only place on her mind. She really missed him. She had called him several times while on the way back down, but he didn't answer. She found it a little odd, because he usually called back within a few minutes if he didn't get her right away; but then again he was a busy man, so it wasn't out of the ordinary if he didn't return her calls immediately.

"That's cool." Allele mumbled, staring out the window. He had a feeling exactly where she was going but he said nothing.

Once they pulled up to the apartment building, Allele paid the driver and they got out. They got up to their apartment door and Cilia pulled her keys out, turning around to look over her shoulder at Allele. "Make sure you put that money away." She said.

They usually kept all the money in the small storage closet in the hallway. It was clustered and full of junk so nobody really went in there. They had seventy thousand dollars in their possession now. The most amount of money they had ever gotten in their lives and also in one of the robberies they did. They had to make sure nothing happened to it.

Cilia opened the door and walked in, not surprised to see all the lights off. Iris was really lame and usually went to bed early. Cilia flicked on the living room light and went into the kitchen to get something to drink. The noise must have disturbed Iris because seconds later she came trailing into the living room, dressed in blue pajamas with little white rabbits all over it.

"Guys?" She called out, rubbing her eyes.