Chapter 6

Soon, we forgot about our earlier conversation, and started having fun. I gave Grasshopper the nickname, "Hops" and she gave me the nickname, "Lil". I taught Hops how to climb, take a bath without water, and find the good berries to eat. On the other hand, she taught me how to take down a tree (though I wasn't much of a hand at it), find good hiding places, and find protection from storms.

At the end of the day, we hiked up all the way to the top of a sand dune. We did this to see the sunset, which Hops told me was the most beautiful when it's over sand. When we got to the top, we were so exhausted that we just collapsed onto the sandy terrain beneath us. We decided that we would rest for a minute, then look up and see the sunset. Hops told me that it would be coming soon, but sometimes it was just stubborn.

When the sun finally DID start to set, it was probably the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. There were swirling colors of blue, orange and pink. The most beautiful thing of all, though, was the thing that those swirls encased. The sun. It was like a bright orb around the earth, splashed with all sorts of rainbow colors. It was stunning, breathtaking even.

When the sun's glow finally died out, something grabbed my attention. It was a mere thought, but it just gnawed at me. I decided to ask Hops the question anyway.

"Hey Hops?"

"Yeah Lil?"

"Did you travel to this desert because you knew I was here?"

"Yes, Lilli. I did."

"Why? Why all this way for me?"

"Because. You are the chosen wolf of the prophecy."

dun dun dah (well if you didn't already guess it that is)

Vote

Comment

Follow

~ Luna