Chapter 7- I Know it Hurts

Thank you for reading this far. I have ditched my other stories for this one. 

By the way- this isn't some daddykink shit, she's just really close with her dad. All will be REVEALED in later chapters. 

Please vote an all that. 

_________

Snow knew she would regret this third bag of maltesers- but she couldn't bring herself to care. Gervais sat at their breakfast bar, suit already on and white hair slicked back. He was leaving in around an hour- but again, Snow couldn't bring herself to care. 

Especially when they had spent the whole night watching Game of Thrones and eating together. Snow realized how lonely she really was- how strange and...relieving it was to eat with someone, anyone. Especially her dad. He munched on a piece of toast, sitting on the nearest stool. 

"Have you made any friends yet?" 

The question always came and Snow hated the look on her father's face when she always answered with a no. But this time, Snow thought she might make him happy. 

Were they friends? 

She thought so- at least a little. 

"Yes. I have made...three. Three friends" The word felt foreign in her mouth, but also gave her a slight urge to smile. Gervais blinked, black eyes wide. "Really! What are their names?" 

He was more excited than she was. 

"Mavon, Felix and Dominic" 

Her father thought this over. "Felix, Felix, Felix....Was he that little blonde boy you used to talk to?" 

When they were at the hospital?

"Yes." 

He nodded. "I heard he's the member of a group called the Seven now..." His eyes darkened with understanding, brow raising quickly as his attention went to his daughter. He thought her ability to look unperturbed and impassive to anything was an advantage, but now it was slightly unsettling. Gervais new he had hard eyes, the most penetrating expression of any lawyer he knew- but his daughter gave it right back. Seemingly obliviously too. 

"Are you involved with them?"

She cocked her head to the side, popping another malteser in her mouth. "Yeah. I help with recruiting. It's been...nice." 

Gervais tried to stop the shock from showing on his face, but it was expressed anyway. His daughter actually tolerated people's company?

 It was a huge step, one he was very proud of for her, but also gave him a slight edge of jealousy. Any father as doting as he was would be. But the fact was- The Seven were involved in less than civilized things, especially the leader of those outrageously wealthy boys- Brutus Balthazar Clay. 

Head of the Clay family ever since his father had died, an extremely powerful, aggressive and motivated individual who never left any trail. In some respects, Gervais admired the man. In others- he didn't like him at all. 

And since when did The Seven accept a woman into their ranks? Brutus' father was a man who strongly believed in the place of women- which was behind, silent and submissive. Gervais didn't know if his son shared the same ideals, but he knew if Brutus had someone like Snow in his ranks- his strong, stubborn daughter- he wouldn't have a choice but to accept her. 

Snow answered his thoughts. "I have a reputation as a nasty, cold bitch dad. That, my wealth, looks and personality all made me able to get into The Seven since Tanner is leaving"