82

"Steela!" Saw screamed, he ran over to her but it was too late, "No." He whispered as he took her hand, the rebels gathered around her and looked down, they were all grieving her death. From above Ahsoka watched, she ultimately felt bad about this whole thing. "Natalia!" Ahsoka gasped, she ran over to a small pile of rocks and used the Force to lift them off of Natalia's damaged body, "No!" She gasped, she was still alive though barely, "What happened?" Natalia whispered, "I'll tell you later, Natalia, when you're better." Ahsoka said. Natalia sat up but had a splitting pain on the entire right side of her body, "Help me up." Natalia said, she held out her hand and Ahsoka pulled her off of the ground. "What happened?" Saw asked Ahsoka, he was holding Steela's body. "Nothing big, just a pile of rocks landed on me." Natalia said with a slight laugh, "What happened to her?" Natalia gasped as she looked at her face, she was long gone. "I'm so sorry, Saw." Natalia whispered, she looked down at the girls body and sighed, another lovely person gone. "She did not die in vain, this whole thing will spark a movement across the whole Inner Rim, do not take this victory lightly, you've gotten your world back." Natalia told Saw, "If it weren't for you Jedi, we would never have made it this far, and for that I thank you." Saw said, Natalia nodded, "We're just doing our duty." She said.

The next day the rebels arrived at the palace, to hold a public memorial for Steela. "We're here today to remember Steela as a leader and a hero." Saw told everyone, "She may be gone but she'll never be forgotten." He said, the crowd cheered for Steela's sacrifice and the day everyone will remember forever. "Hey, Ahsoka. King Dendup has appointed me official Senator of Onderon." Lux said proudly, "Good job." Ahsoka whispered. "We're going to join the Republic once again." He said. Suddenly Natalia walked out of the palace, she was covered in bruises and she had a fresh prosthetic hand, she walked out to see a gunship arrive. Anakin ran out and hugged Natalia, but she pushed him off. "Get off, Anakin." She hissed in pain, "What happened?!" Anakin asked, "Had some rocks piled on me, broke some bones and whatnot, it's all good though." Natalia said with a grin, Anakin laughed and Natalia along with Ahsoka walked onto the gunship, Natalia waved Saw goodbye and they left Onderon. "That was eventful." Natalia said with a sigh, Ahsoka nodded. "I could use a nice wash." Ahsoka admitted, Natalia laughed. "You have an assignment with Master Yoda in two rotations." Anakin said, "What? What will I be doing?" Ahsoka asked, "You'll be assisting in the Gathering with some of the Younglings at the Temple." He told her, "That sounds exciting." Ahsoka squealed, Natalia looked at her proudly, assisting in the Gathering was a very important role a Jedi could be given, Natalia remembered going on the Gathering, she also remembered the Jedi Knight with them; Depa Bilaba.

"What will you be doing?" Natalia asked Anakin, but he shrugged. "Me and my Padawan are going back to the Temple, spend a few rotations meditating and getting some well needed rest." Natalia said, "That sounds like a great idea, mind if I join you?" Anakin asked, "Of course." Natalia replied with a giggle. "Caleb, prepare a transport. You, Master Skywalker, and I will be going to the Temple." Natalia told her Padawan, "Of course, Master. Right away." Caleb replied, she turned off her comlink and watched as their gunship enter the shields on the Resolute.

"We're ready to go, Master." Caleb said, "Good." Natalia replied. Anakin was just about to walk into the transport but Captain Rex stopped him. "Sir, in case you forgot. We have a supply mission today, we need to go as soon as possible." Rex told Anakin, he sighed and looked at Natalia, "I'll join you when I can, be careful." Anakin told her, she nodded and they boarded the shuttle, "Have a good trip, Rex." Natalia said to him, he nodded and turned on his heel and caught up with Anakin. "I'm so glad we're going back to the Temple, Master." Caleb said. "Me too, I think it'll be good for us to have some one on one time, away from the conflict." Natalia replied, Caleb nodded. "This war is really bothering me." He said, "It's wearing everyone down, Caleb. I'll admit I'm grateful for the clones but something isn't right." Natalia said with a sigh.

Caleb just shrugged as their transport landed in the Temple hangar. "Go to your quarters and meet me in the meditation chamber at 0700 sharp. Let's just get some rest, I'm exhausted." Natalia said, "I'll see you in the morning, Master." He replied, he walked down the hallway and disappeared. Natalia walked to her quarters and the door opened. She walked over to her cot and jumped in, she pulled the covers over her and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

She fell into a dreamless sleep.