Chapter 23: Boom Part 5

Sometime in the far future

"Don't you do something else that's... not scary?" Jennifer asked her aunt.

"Of course I do." Her aunt replied. "I love doing art."

"Why art?"

"Art it simply a reflection of its creator... and my reflection is a nightmare: an undead horror wearing souls of the living as clothes."

"Why don't you do it more often?" Jennifer asked. "You could do that instead of hurting people."

"Because when I put effort into my art, then my creation becomes an abomination. Something even I fear."

-----------

Then a large shadow covered us, practically blocking the sun. "I would say this has been fun... but it got boring really quick." I said as I jumped off the platform.

Just in time for Magnus to look up to see my undead colossus jump on top of him, stomping him through the platform as it shattered under its unholy weight.

Magnus was stomped into the ground, forming a massive crater as a large shockwave blasted out; destroying the surrounding buildings as debris flew everywhere.

I was launched by the shockwave, flying along with the debris as I flipped once in the air, landed on top of a destroyed building, and used [Leap] to jump on top of Magnus's obsidian tower. I wanted to get a good view.

I watched as my undead colossus was currently stomping Magnus into the ground as my wraiths and ghast guarded the exit to Boom Town. My lich tyrant was flying around, killing any griefers as it gained more levels.

Although while some still tried to escape, others just watched in horror as their 'hero' was getting squished like a bug.

As my undead colossus raised its foot, ready to continue to turn Magnus into paste, three arrows flew into the undead colossus's face, and beeped twice before exploding; causing it to stumble back as it grabbed its face.

I saw Magnus quickly get to his feet as he dashed away from my monster, shooting his explosive arrows at him in a volley of three as he ran.

I should have known he would survive that; he's level 700 after all. But I could tell from [Observe] that he's injured.

When my undead colossus raised its fists and slammed the ground, Magnus planted some TNT before the impact as he dodged out of the way.

The large explosion ripped off its decayed hands as it screamed into the air, enraged. It started to stomp, kick, and smash the ground, trying to kill Magnus.

It managed to kick him, sending him high in the air. While Magnus was airborne, my undead colossus craned its head at him as it unleashed a constant stream of white fire; trying to incinerate the rouge.

Magnus tried to fire more explosive arrows as he fell towards the approaching flame, but only for them to prematurely detonate as the fire ignited them.

He then did something I didn't expect. He pulled out some TNT and detonated them near himself, blasting him out of the way of the fire to the left.

He was falling to the left as he flanked the undead colossus, shooting more explosive arrows while he rolled at the last second, shifted that momentum to get a running start to avoid the giant foot that stomped down a second later.

It looks like my monster has Magnus distracted. Looks like I can now make my move. I used [Geo-kinesis] to open a hole on top of Magnus's tower, closing it behind me as I descended on obsidian platform.