Chapter Four: Shopaholics on the loose

"I think this one is the best." Emily squealed, her eyes widened and a huge grin made its way onto her face.

"Are you sure?" I said looking into the full length mirror placed in front of me. I was currently wearing a white silk full length dress. We were picking out the dress for the wedding and this was the thirtieth dress I had tried on today. Skylar and my future Mother-in-Law Camile were sitting behind me, observing the dress.

Emily was my cousin, from my mother's side who had agreed to help me choose the perfect wedding dress. My eyes slipped to the reflection in the mirror once again, this time I could see a reflection of a man casually dressed in a green T-shirt and faded blue jeans. His hair were messy - like always - but there was something different about him, he looked much relaxed today, almost happy. It was Adrian, my soon-to-be husband.

There was no denying it, he was really handsome but that still didn't change the fact that he was a stranger to me, I didn't know anything about him. I focused on the dress I was currently wearing. It was strapless with a low back, it hugged my chest perfectly. There was a horizontal motif on the front that had detailed work of white stones.

I turned around to face Skylar and Mrs. Darkwood. "Does it look good?" Mrs. Darkwood was dressed in a knee length pencil skirt and a blue chiffon shirt and was now getting up. "Well, it is good, Bella. But I don't think it's perfect." She said, thoughtfully.

"Skylar?" I asked. She didn't bother getting up as she shook her head.

"It's just not you." She said simply. I sighed.

"Adrian?" I asked. He looked up at me, leaning against the wall. He shook his head, in a no. I didn't really think he would actually 'give' a response since he's usually too busy being Mr. Grumpy Pants.

"It's okay, Belle." Emily smiled, cheerfully. "We'll find the perfect one!" She assured me. I was really thankful that Emily had decided to come. She was the only person from my family that I actually liked, since Uncle James didn't qualify anymore. The rest of my family was caught up in their pride and ego. My grandmother had not approve of my mother as my mother didn't exactly belong to a filthy rich family, sure her family had everything they could ask for but didn't exactly have money to burn. My father, though, decided to marry my mother anyway despite of what everyone else thought.

My uncle did not care about the her status and accepted her with open arms, my other aunts and uncles however did not. Now that I think about it, I wonder what the reason behind Uncle James' open-mind was. This whole feud between families was still not over and they continued to ignore each other. Emily, called a truce and said that she would not give up her relations with me just because my mother didn't belong to USA's top ten rich families and here we stand.

"We'll find a dress, why don't you get out of this one?" She suggested. I nodded as the three women left the little room to find something else. Adrian was still in playing with his little phone, like always. I wondered who he was texting.

No, no, no. Bella, now is not the time to start acting like a jealous almost-fiance..

I went through the curtains into the little changing room, trying to undo the buttons at the back. Unlike normal dresses, this one had a billion buttons at the back instead of a zip and let me say it was a bitch to open them.

I groaned. "Emily!" I yelled from inside.

"She's not here." Adrian's familiar voice said. I groaned again. "What do you need?"

"I 'need' somebody to open the freaking buttons of this dress." I fidgeted. I heard footsteps coming towards me as I froze. Wait, wait, wait. No, no, no. Please tell me these were not one of those cliche moments.