Chapter 19

"KATIE WAKE UP" I shot up rapidly breathing looking at Jace's worried expression "i thought you'd stopped having nightmares?" I thought I had too, after that night at the auction for a few weeks I had nightmares, sometimes Jace stayed over or mum would tell Jace she'd heard me wake up crying or screaming but it hasn't happened for months, this was the first time. It wasn't a nightmare it was a memory and that was the worst part.
"Your sweating" he noted looking at me, I wiped the stray tears on my cheek pushing back the covers "go back to sleep Jace I'm just gonna go get a drink" he sleepily nodded laying back down closing his eyes as I left the room. I grabbed a glass of water crouching down as I drank it, when I left the bed I started getting sharp cramping pains in my stomach area, all us girls know what that usually means, Mother Nature is being a bitch. Filling up a hot water bottle and doing my stuff in the loo I headed back to bed laying on back with the hot water bottle on my belly trying to stop the cramps before they get worse. You see I have this lovely thing called endometriosis, making my periods quite painful and sometimes unbearable, too much information, I know, I'm sorry but it's natural and I speak the truth.

Not feeling tired I just stared at the ceiling pressing down on my stomach but the pains were just getting worse, yay, so I shifted sitting up against the headboard pulling my knees to my chest still with my hot water bottle just sitting their watching the boy I love sleep. Call me a creep but he's a mesmerising person when he's asleep.
"why are you staring at me" he groaned almost scaring me half to death.
"I wasn't"
"I could feel it. Lay down" he tried pushing my leg down "I wanna cuddle"
"No I have bad cramps" he opened his eyes a little wider proving himself up on his elbows.
"Getting your period after we just had sex, Mother Nature is harsh" I smacked his arm, idiot.
"Hah it's so funny, they hurt you dick"
"Pain scale?"
"8 outta ten" his joking expression left his face and his hand ran up and down my leg.
"Here lay down I'll make you feel better" I reluctantly did as he said trusting him falling asleep slightly as he rubbed his hand on my stomach, surprisingly it made it feel much better.
"It worries me you knew this would help" I mumbled hearing him snicker.
"So judgmental Katie Summers. Maybe I'm just a smart guy"
"Doubtful"

**

"Jace said you had a nightmare last night" Eli spoke through the phone. I'm finally alone in my room and was happily sketching when Eli called.
"Oh did he also tell you I'm on my period?"
"What. No. Katie don't, ew" I couldn't contain my laughter as Eli uncomfortably talked through the phone "so, any plans today?"
"Yes I'm laying in my bed all day so leave me alone"
"Tomorrow?"
"Most likely the same"
"What about Friday?" I rolled out of my bed walking down to check the mail like mum had asked me to this morning "Katie?"
"Hang on I'm grabbing the mail" I grabbed it all throwing it on the bench and put my phone down on loud speaker so I could check it. As I was flicking through, listening to Eli and his annoying plans I felt my heart stop, his name was on a letter.

Cameron Summers.
Sliding my finger along the inside I pulled out the letter addressed to him, it was from an American scout, asking if he could see my brother for a meeting to discuss a placement on a college basketball team. My brother, he made it. College American basketball was his dream, and he wasn't here.
"Katie?"
"Um bye Eli" I hung up grabbing the letter and car keys, sounds dorky and stupid but I might as well tell Cam his dream came true. I know they didn't offer him a place but it he was here to fight for one I knew he would be the first one in.

"Uh hi Cam, I know this is weird, talking to a stone with your name on it, and I'm sorry I haven't been here, much, well at all really. I have news" I sat cross legged rubbing my fingers over the envelope "a college scout wanted to meet with you, an American one, wanted to discuss a placement on their colleges basketball team, I know they didn't offer you a place but I know if you were here you would've gotten in. I uh, I also got into UAL, you know how great that place is, it's like Harvard of art schools. I leave soon, I should be excited but I'm not, I'm going to miss the boys. We are like siblings now, they take care of me Cam, I think I might even love Jace. I know you always said you saw us together, I just never wanted you to be right, but I really do love him. You probably didn't want to know that, I can picture your screwed up face telling me to shut up" I brushed my wet cheeks inhaling and exhaling loudly "I miss you"

"Katie?" I turned my head to find the voice the scared me half to death "coach?" He stood with two bunches of flowers and a small smile on his face "what are you doing here?" I stood up dusting anything off me "I came to put flowers down for my wife and thought my star player deserved some flowers whilst I was here, even if he would give me shit for buying him flowers" I let a strangled sob mixed with a small chuckle, this man was brilliant.
"I was just telling Cameron an American scout wanted to set up a meeting with him"
"Your joking? America, wow, the boy made it" coaches smile mad everything worth it.
"Wouldn't have been able to do it without you though"
"I loved that boy like a son I did, him and Liam, they were the most annoying shits and always had me yanking on my hair but they made the team a family" just hearing him speak of Cam made it feel like he wasn't gone.
I sat back down patting the grass beside me and he sat down "tell me more?" I smiled picking at the grass.

It honestly felt like hours we sat there talking, and it kind of was, we had talked and shared stories for 2 hours and it almost didn't feel like enough, it only came to an end because Coach was due for his nightly walk with his dog, I stayed here though, sat here not moving, the air was getting colder and the sky was getting darker, I should feel scared in a place like this but as corny and freakish as it sounds I feel like he's here with me, well that was until my phone rudely interrupted.
"Yes Liam?"
"Where are you it's almost 9"
"Oh I'm sorry are you my father?"
"Eli said you hung up earlier today and never answered his messages, Jace has been around yours but no one is home. Where are you? Are you with your mum?"
"You boys stress too much, mums visiting Aunt May she left this morning and I've been with Cameron all day"
"Oh, did you want us to come get you?"
"No, I'm leaving now"
"Can we come to yours, meet you there?"
"Not tonight, sorry. Night Liam"

**

"Katie" *poke* "Katie move over" *poke* what the fuck? Can you guess what I saw when I opened my eyes? Three stupid boys grinning.
"Okay get the fuck out of my room, I told you not to come over, it's like 2 am" I could vaguely read the time on the alarm clock "why are you moving, I will kill you" the smirks didn't leave their faces, they all just kicked off their shoes jumping in the bed with me "get out" I shoved Liam first making him knock Jace out as well.
"Aw come on Katie, we are tired let us sleep"
"Eli shut up. All of you leave, go sleep on the couches or better yet on the street" he slowly backed away as did Liam and Jace scooting their bums across the ground getting distance from the bed. Their puppy dog eyes didn't work unfortunately for them.

"Alright goodnight Katie"
"Night boys" one the light was off I closed my eyes snuggling back into my comfortable haven.
"DOG PILE"
"Ow, fuck, my shoulder" I screamed "fuck you"
"Um I don't think the bones suppose to be like that" clap clap Jace.
"Liam you stupid pig you broke Katie's shoulder"
"No I didn't Eli it was your big arse"
"GET ME TO A HOSPITAL"
"TAXI" Liam, our right one.
"They can't here you here, plus we have a car" Eli our smart one.
"I know I just wanted to reenact the part off New Year's Eve, where she's in labour and he like yells, you know?"
"All I know is once I have two arms I'm digging your grave child"

*****
Short and a little random, mainly just a filler. So exciting news guys, I booked tickets to Europe today, I leave in November, so excited! If any of you guys have any advice for me please do tell!! Much love x