Chapter 13

"With your permission
I just wanna put a little smile up you, ooh
With your permission
There's a whole lot of motherfuckin' love in quick passed through
I owe you
With your permission
I'ma do all the things that I said I'm gonna do
You know what I'm talking about baby, yeah
Now it's time for you to show me what it's hitting for
Sip a little jack, maybe blow a little draw
Love you from behind but I hate to see you go"

Permission - Ro James

Janae

I looked at Dave, waiting for a response. I hadn't planned on throwing back that question but I didn't really have an answer myself.  Dave looked back at me, as if he was thinking of what kind of answer he wanted to give me.

"A hood nigga don't deserve you" he finally spoke.

"How you figure?" I asked.

"I just know" his voice soften from his usual raspy roar.

"So why even bother asking her out?" I asked getting rather annoyed.

"I thought she could answer that"

"What she does know is that what she deserves and wants, can only be determined by her and only her" I crossed my arms.

Dave looked at me for a while and squinted his eyes at me. He picked up his drink and took a sip.

"Can I be honest?" he asked.

"Haven't you already?" I asked.

He nodded his head.

"I don't know why, but I want you. In the worst kind of way. You make a nigga wanna do better, shit be better. Your whole vibe different and I feel you don't even know it"

He sat back in his chair, as he caused me to blush. I looked down at my drink.

"Okay..."

"So the ball is in your court" he leaned forward.

I knew he meant that I would have to make the decision about this being more than what it was at the moment. But I wasn't too sure if I wanted to go there with him just yet. But the better part of my mind was curious. I felt myself being pulled towards him but I had no clue as to why.

"No, don't put it on all on me"

"But it is"

"This is our first date" I shook my head and laughed.

"And I'm telling you what I want" he looked at me in all seriousness.

"Dave" I shook my head again, feeling overwhelmed.

"I don't wanna be your friend, or the nigga you chill with from time to time"

Well damn, I thought to myself.

"What do you want to be exactly?"

I asked intrigued to know what kind of answer he would give me, since being my friend was out of the question.

"I want to be the man you can't wait to see everyday" he said laughing.

"That's not saying much" I joked.

"You know what I want to be"

"No I don't" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I want to be that cat that makes you moan" he whispered, causing me to slightly gasp at his bluntness.