Chapter 6

Big Data ft. Joywave - Dangerous

Reece

I watched her walk inside, shaking my head.

I don't know how long I sat there with a grin on my face.

I couldn't believe that-

I jerked my head to her door as I heard a shatter from inside the house. What sounded like shouting reached my ears.

Oh, no.

I jumped out of my car, running to the front door. I turned the handle, but she'd locked it when she went in. Fuck.

"Adrianne!" I frantically shook the handle to no effect. I took a step back and shouldered my weight into the door, but nothing happened.

Running my hands through my hair, I took a step back, panting.

What the fuck is going on?

My eyes caught her gate and I ran towards it, unhitching the lock and darting into her backyard.

I looked to see a glass door to my left. I cut to it, turning the handle.

It opened, and I sighed with relief.

When I stepped inside, it felt eerily quiet. Too quiet.

"Adrianne?" I asked softly. My eyes scanned the floor of the house, landing on a pile of glass a few feet away from me.

A muffled noise caused me to jerk my head up, and I narrowed my eyes in the dark to look into the living room.

A tall, dark figure stood out from the furniture, hunched over on the ground.

What the-

Another muffled noise drew my gaze to the ground.

Whoever it was was sitting on top of her, unbuttoning her shirt with one hand and covering her mouth with the other.

Rage bursted through me, and I felt my pupils go dark as I sprinted at him full force. The weight of my body knocked him off of her and onto the floor next to me.

Somewhere in my blind rage, I heard her gasp.

I sprinted the short distance between us, wrapping my hands around his neck as he recovered from the fall. I picked him up by his throat and shoved his body against the wall.

I brought my knee up to his abdomen, and heard a crack. I slammed his head against the wall and gritted my teeth in anger.

"How dare you-" I hissed. I stopped when I noticed his eyes.

Pupils huge, his eyes completely black, his skin lacking any color.

He was being controlled by someone.

I slammed his head against the wall again, much harder this time.

"Who sent you?!" I gripped his throat.

Silence. Then, I saw him smile.

"I can't tell you, even if I wanted to," he sneered.

"Can't or won't?" I seethed, white hot anger boiling through me.

His smile never faltered. "Both."

I grunted, taking a deep breath. "Te expello in abyssum profundissimum Tartari!"

His smile fell, and his black eyes rolled to the back of his head as his body shook. His knees buckled and he fell to the floor.

Groaning, he opened his eyes and looked at me, his pupils now normal.