|Chapter Two| Unwanted Help

Rain and lightning stormed below, causing the thunder to faintly sound up by Arceus' castle. Liana sat in her room with Curiosity and the new Lillipup, whom was huddled next to Liana due to the distant thunder. Curiosity had taken a liking to the Lillipup, so Liana had been considering adding him to their team.

"What to do now. . ." Liana wondered with a sigh. "I guess we could go looking for that strange Houndoom, but it's raining outside."

"You could tell me why those two Pokémon were here."

Liana jumped at Darkrai's voice, inhaling and exhaling when she saw him come out of a corner shadow.

"Darkrai, one of these times you're going to literally scare the life out of me and I'm going to slap you."

Darkrai just rolled his eyes, looking down at the Fennekin that was jumping up at him. He floated up a little higher, even more out of reach of the little fire type.

"Why were those two eeveelutions here?" He tried again.

"They found a new problem," Liana started explaining. "Some weird Mega Houndoom-Charizard X hybrid attacked this poor Lillipup, so they came to me so I could tell Arceus."

"Mega Houndoom-Charizard X hybrid?"

"Yeah, apparently."

Darkrai looked at the Lillipup, "What are you going to do with that Pokémon?"

"I think I'm going to keep him. He seems pretty scared to be alone," Liana answered, stroking the puppy Pokémon's soft and fluffy fur. Curiosity left Darkrai alone and jumped up onto the bed, demanding the same attention. "He also won't leave my side, so. . ."

"Fear is a weakness, and it sounds like he might have a separation problem. He'll only be useless to you when you'll really need him."

"Useless or not, he's a Pokémon that needs help. I won't abandon him."

Darkrai sighed his ghostly, hollow sigh. Thunder cracked outside, a flash of light startling Lillipup. Curiosity huddled up next to Liana, covering his big ears with his paws. 

"Whatever. I'm going to go find someone."

Liana watched him disappear into one of the shadows in the room, sighing to herself. Curiosity was looking at the spot where the Dark type had left, still covering his ears in case of more thunder. Lillipup had fallen asleep where he lay. 

"Maybe we should just sleep through this storm, like Lillipup," Liana said to herself and to Curiosity. Curiosity nodded his agreement, burying himself in Liana's covers. She followed his lead and quickly fell asleep.

"We should just leave this to Liana, Tye-Dye."

Tye-Dye and Telepathy were walking along the route where they had first met Lillipup and that strange Houndoom. This was against Telepathy's wishes, though. He thought they should just leave it to Liana.

"No way, what if that weird Pokémon comes back and hurts someone else?" Tye protested.

"Then we get Liana! She knows what she's doing," Telepathy pressed.