08

not edited

not edited

☆*:.。. 。.:*☆

"Taehyung," the said male jumped a bit at the sudden mention of his name, as well as the hand suddenly being placed on his arm. "You do know that your shift ended twenty minutes ago, right?" Taehyung looked even more surprised when his other co-worker, Hongseok, suddenly mentioned the time. He glanced back at the clock and let out a weak fuck under his breath, realising he made Jungkook wait for longer than necessary. "I gotta go, thanks Hongseok!" Taehyung rushed into the break room where he quickly changed from his work t-shirt and back into the much more comfortable hoodie he had been wearing this morning. He checked that he had everything with him quickly before leaving the room, as well as saying goodbye to the few workers that were still working, before walking over to the younger boy who was still sitting at the table in the corner.

Taehyung inspected Jungkook, who seemed to be in deep concentration with the tip of his tongue sticking out as he bopped his pen against his nose, as if it helped him think. "Jungkook," the younger boy jumped just like Taehyung had done earlier, then blushing in embarrassment. A small giggle left the elder's lips. "I didn't realise my shift had finished until now, sorry you had to wait," Jungkook just shook his head, still slightly embarrassed. "It-it's fine, I didn't realise it either," he said as he started packing his things, closing the notebook he had been writing or drawing in and putting it in his backpack, along with his pen and then zipped the dark blue backpack, loosely hanging it onto his left shoulder. "Should we go?" Taehyung smiled widely for the first time that day and nodded. "Yeah."

The two left the cafe, Taehyung waving one last time at his friends still working, earning a wink from Baekhyun, making Taehyung roll his eyes. Who knew what that boy could be thinking of, really.

It was quiet for a minute before the younger decided to say something. "So, how long have you been working at the cafe?" Taehyung smiled at Jungkook's attempt to start a conversation, he appreciated it, since he wasn't good at it himself. "I've been working there for a little more than a year I think," the older said after thinking for a few seconds. "Oh, really? Do you like it there?" Jungkook actually seemed interested, which made Taehyung happy, but also kind of shy, he usually didn't talk to people about his job. "Yeah, it's nice, the people there are nice and they treat you well," he shrugged. Jungkook nodded. "But you said you go to college? What course are you in?" Taehyung now asked, wanting to participate in the conversation a bit more as well. "Honestly, it's not that specified, it's a mixture of a lot of things but I have added a dance course, an art course and a music course-" "Wow, someone's a dedicated student here," Taehyung interrupted, a slightly teasingly tone in his voice. "Aren't your school days really long because of that? How do you have time for so many classes?" Taehyung was really surprised actually, the younger really seemed to care about school. "Uhm, yeah, my school days are usually pretty long, I end at 5pm most of the days, but I mean...it's my own choice, so," it was now Jungkook's time to shrug, not really knowing how to end the sentence properly.

The two managed to keep the conversation going as they strolled through the streets of Seoul, it was nice. Both boys seemed to enjoy the other's presence.

...

"But honestly, if you only knew how inefficient the cafe was in the beginning," Taehyung said, the two had for some reason managed to go back to talking to the cafe and Taehyung's time there. "Was it bad?" Jungkook asked. They had taken a seat at a bench in a small park which was only a few minutes of walking from the cafe, and Taehyung had never been there before. "Kinda," Taehyung thought of it, his time at the cafe at the beginning, it was bad then. "The main reason they gave me the job at the time was because they needed more people, they were like only five or six people then," a sigh left his lips. He did have bad memories from his job, too. "My co-workers were arguing on a daily basis, and no one really liked anyone. I was the only one actually doing what I was supposed to do, while the others kept bickering. My boss noticed my hard work actually, and he started to like me a lot," a laugh left the elder's lips at the memory. "He would come there weekly just to say hi to me," it was now Jungkook's turn to laugh lightly, as well as a smile made its way to his lips.

"But how is it now? It seems like all of you are good friends," Jungkook pointed out and Taehyung only nodded. "Yeah, nearly all of the people who worked there a year ago were either fired or they left themselves," the previous smile Taehyung had on his face was replaced with a frown, and Jungkook wondered what he possibly could be thinking of. "And that was horrible, honestly, for like four days I was the only one working there, with my boss helping me out whenever he could. It was a high risk of us having to shut down the cafe, but then two boys came in there and asked if we needed people who could work there," Taehyung sighed. "And now, I mean, it's fine again," he chuckled.

A few hours passed by, none of the two realising it was getting late until Jungkook got a message and saw the time as he was supposed to reply. "Fuck, it's 9:30pm!" Taehyung choked on the water he was drinking and nearly dropped the water bottle in the process. "What?" "I got to go, my roommate is already hella mad and worried, I didn't tell him I was hanging out with you today," Jungkook mentally slapped himself. "I need to go too, you never know if my boss will call tomorrow morning telling me to work - again," the last word a mumble, but Jungkook heard it.

"Text me when you get home," the younger hurriedly said, waving quickly before starting to jog towards the other direction. Luckily, there was a subway station just five minutes away from where Taehyung was, and even though not many subways came during this time of the day, he was lucky enough to catch up with one right before it left. A groan suddenly left Taehyung's lips as he had taken a seat, and he closed his eyes in frustration and annoyance.

"I forgot to give him the letter."

☆*:.。. 。.:*☆

i'm sorry for my bad updating this week, i didn't think a whole week would pass before i managed to write a chapter.

and also this was kinda rushed, i don't feel like it was good but i hope it's enough for you.

also: thank you for 10k on unknown!! it doesn't deserve that amount of reads, but thank you!

a question; what's your favourite story(ies) on wattpad?

- currently i'm obsessing over thighseok 's story writer, if you haven't read it you should give it a try!!

( ̄▽ ̄)