Forty Eight

{edited}

Harry POV

I can't sleep.

It's around Three a.m and I'm wide awake. I'm just glad May can sleep.

I kiss her forehead and her cheek and press my front against her back.

I don't know what she's thinking most of the time anymore. She seems so drained and not herself it's scary.

She doesn't even want to eat.

May's bloodline is fries and shakes and she doesn't even want that.

It kills me seeing her like this.

All I know is that I can't lose her too. I intertwine my fingers with May's and kiss her skin. "I love you." I say gently to her.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

***

Being home is weird.

Walking through the front door is weird. I feel like I left something behind.

I look to May who's staring at her shoes. "Wanna go lie down in bed?" Her head shakes 'no'.

"Lets go watch TV, yeah?" I take her hand with mine and guide her into the living room. She lays down on the couch. And puts her head on the couch pillow. I turn on the TV and look at her.

"Want me to put on Grey's?" I ask. May doesn't respond making my heart hurt. "Modern family?" The expression on her face remains the same. "Uh, Dexter?"

Nothing.

I move closer toward her. Her eyes stare at my chest. "Do you want me to leave you alone?" Her glossy blue eyes look up at me. Soon they well up with fresh tears making my own eyes burn.

I lay down in front of her and let her head burry in my chest. I rest my hand on the back of her head and stroke her hair with my fingers. My lips touch her cheek and I bite my lip.

Her hand squeezes my empty one and I kiss her forehead. "I love you May." I say gently to her.

Her eyes look up to me and her jaw just trembles. I kiss her cheek again and stroke her skin with my thumb. I wipe her tears that stained her cheeks and hold her tightly against me.

***

It's around 5 in the afternoon now.

"Do you want to shower?" I ask May. She nods. We both get off the couch and walk to the bathroom. Her eyes goes on her feet.

I miss her voice. She only nods yes or no.

I grab her fresh towels and start the shower for her. Her arms wrap around her body loosely. "If you need me I'll be in our room, okay?" May nods. I kiss her lips gently and leave the bathroom.

Before I go to our room, I walk to the kitchen to get water.

Once I'm done, I gently knock on the bathroom door and open it. I pull back the shower curtain and see May sitting down in the tub and her eyes are staring down. She still clothed too. My heart breaks a little.

I slide out of my sweatpants and go into the shower with my boxers. I kneel down in front of May and tilt her head up at me. I just smile gently and help her out of her soaking wet clothes.

"Can you stand up for me?" I ask her. She nods hesitantly and slowly stands. I take off her pants and underwear in one movement and she steps out of them. I take off her shirt and then unclip her bra.

May's eyes lazily look down still. I kiss her forehead. I take the shampoo and run it through her hair. I run my fingers through the low pair of her head and soon rinse it out.

~

May's in our room now laying down. Her hair is damp, and I have my arm loosely around her waist and I just look at her.

"Are you hungry? I can make you something to eat?" I offer. Her head shakes 'no'.

She moves closer toward me and puts her head on my chest. I hold her against me and listen to her sharp breaths. "I'm sorry." I hear May mutter under her breath.

"Don't say that." I say. I feel her tears fall onto my skin making my bite down on my jaw. I hate that I can't help her.

Her arm wraps around my back and she holds onto my shirt. "I love you Harry." My heart warms.

"I love you more." I stroke her soft skin and feel my own tears fall from my eyes.

A://N

Hello

Tysm for getting this book to 70k reads like wtf you all are amazing

~Lauren