Chapter 31- Beast Horde

Finally, we have reached over 2k reads!!!! Thanks everyone (^^)!!
Also, we have finally reached chapter 30!! (Well, technically it's 31 but Wattpad's count is different since chap 3&4 are seen as one)
Anyway, I hope you'll stick around 'till the end!!! Enjoy the chap!!!
____________________________________

Tiras' words left everyone stunned. Every one of them had fought hundreds and even thousands of beasts before, but a troop of over 200.000...

"Can't we, you know, send other adventurers to do that? Or at least, more? If we'll have to do it with just us seven, I don-", offered Eavane.

"Please, miss Eavane", Tiras interrupted her," Unfortunately, we cannot do that. Our strongest adventurers have all been summoned to fight at the front lines in the war with the Demons. Luckily for you, you were on a mission when this issue came out. Also, it's not us six. It's just you three. As Guild masters, we cannot abandon the capital city, so we'll form a last line of defense against the demon army, were they to breach our city walls"

"Why can't you? If the city walls fall, the entire city will fall as well!! Thousands of people will die!!"

"I cannot agree with you, miss Eavane. As th-"

"Hahahahaha", I laughed.

Everyone weirdly looked at me. I continued without paying attention to them:

"Eavane, can't you see? These people are scared to death by those monsters, so they want to ensure they can escape at any time to continue living. The only thing they care about is their own, pitiful lives. Peh-"

I spat on the floor.

"If you don't even dare to try and kill those monsters to protect the city that you deem so important, how can you be worthy of your title? You have strength, but you don't utilise it, because you're all a bunch of cowards. And to keep even the slightest bit of face, you're willing to sacrifice four adventurers, so that it would seem like you did everything you could. And if we die? Why would you care? The only thing you'd do after we die, is making us martyrs as most. You three are less than any other commoner in this city, less than any slave in this country, less than even the dirtiest pig in this city!! You're not worthy of the trust of the people, nor are you worthy of even living here!!"

Both the Guild masters and Eavane and Yareja looked at me in shock. Never did they expect someone to say so upright how he feels about the situation.

The quickest to come back to his senses was Tiras:" You haven't a single right to scold us like that!! If you have the chance, you'll run all the same in front of th-"

"No, I won't"

"How can you be so sure?", Jes jumped in when she saw bulging veins appear on Tiras forehead.

"Because I'm 100% sure I can easily beat that horde", I calmly answered.

"Do you even know what you're saying?", Girax rebuked," That's a horde of over 200.000 monsters!! Do you have any idea what scale that is?"

"Unlike you, I do"

Jes looked at me with a questioning look in her eyes:" How do you mean?"

I stayed silent for a while, carefully weighing my words:" Where we came from... before arriving here in this country... hordes like these were very common. There were even bigger ones. So, I'm really sure I can beat this horde"

Everyone present looked at me, with a mixture of hope and disbelief in their eyes.

Eavane was the first to speak up:" Is this... true?"

"Yes"

"Really true?"

"Really true"

"Super really true?"