Chapter 18

After readjusting the blank paper that has pre-printed lines for fields. Then I turn on the register and go through it for the fifth time. Below the stacks of files there were also some papers, I bundled them altogether to take them back home, with me.

I then went and looked in the store to see what needs restocking on some of the shelves. At each hour, I counted how many transactions have been done and have brought to me by the department. That number of transactions I have to record on a log sheet that sits on a clipboard besides me all day long.

It's so that I know how good or bad the firm is doing in the day. Then that number of transactions is matched up with the printout on the Computer to see if they match up. If they don't match up, then they go off of my number.

After completing that, I ranged up a few of our clients from the register by reading that they haven't paid the full amount yet. Sometimes they have disagreements and most of the time I get it all worked out. I kept on punching the details in the Computer and whatnot all throughout the day. 

I then called all the Heads Of The Departments (yes, even they were called early today like me but not at five in the morning) and told them some complaints that client's get or what needs to be repaired. They nod and does what they have to and I get back to my business.

At the end of my deadline that is Nine am, and right now it is eight forty five am, I did my calculations for the last time and re checked thrice all the totals. After I was thoroughly sure that I haven't missed out a single point also, I assembled all the papers together in a file and went to his cabin.

I knocked and waited for him to answer.

"Come in"

"Sir, I have completed everything. Here's the details which you've wanted and I have already mailed you all the details" I said and you know what his reaction was?? He kept on going through his lappy and files.

I waited for him to answer, I glared at him. After waiting for five minutes he said.

"Okay, you can go" that was his reply. I gave him my best death glare.

"Fine, I'm going out to take a break." I said and left.

I was so tired and sleepy that all I could think was a cup of coffee that will get me on for the day. The nearest CCD was at a half an hour distance, and I was not in a mood to walk or to take a bus, so I opted for a cab. The whole ride I tried my best, to keep my eyes open and not to fall asleep. Finally, I reached my destination. I paid the driver and then went inside the cafe.

I quickly ordered for myself a big cup of Cappuccino. I know I was taking in alot  of calories but can't help it. After placing down my order, I quietly sat down at the corner. I placed my head down on the table and closed my eyes.

"Mam, your Cappuccino"

"Hmm..." I nodded and got up but shrieked a little. In front of me was standing Imran with my Cappuccino in his hand.

"Why do you always shriek??" He said keeping the coffee on the table and sitting on the opposite chair to mine. "Oopss, Sorry, May I??" He asked for the permission to sit. I nodded.

"Yeah, so why do you always shriek?"

"Anyone will shriek"

"Why?? Am I not handsome and smart??"

"Absolutely not!!" I smiled and took hungry sips of my coffee.

"Ouch" he placed a hand on his heart and gave a painful expression. I laughed.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"Came here for a small meet up with a client, I was leaving when I saw you sitting down."

"Ohh.." I could only say this.

"What happened you look tired??"

"Who won't be if they had to work till late night and then again you are called to work five in the morning. And in result all we get to hear is "okay fine, you can go" as if we're slaves and not employees!!!" I hissed.

"Oohh...someone is angry. He really makes you work this much!!"

"Yes, and this is also less for him."

"Why don't you join my company? I assure you, I'm not that bad for a boss. No need to worry about your pay and you'll also get a pick up and drop service. What?? Working as a head has it's own perks!!" He said casually.

"Well, Thank you so much for your offer. But No, I really love my Company, and my this monster boss is only for temporarily after that my old boss will come and again my happy days will start" I giggled.

"As you say, but my offer is always open for you" he said. We talked for a while and then I stood up to leave.

"So, my cell is still useless" he said walking out with me. I smiled

"Imran, this is the third time, I'm meeting you." I said

"Okay okay, but at least I can drop you to your office." He said, I was about to decline his offer "Now please, don't say No. At least I can do this much for my friend." He said. I nodded.

"Hoorain, Hoorain...." someone called my name.

"We've reached"

"Good for you" I mumbled. That person laughed.

"Hoorain, your boss is calling you"

"What??" I jolted up and hit my head. "Owww...". I heard someone laughing beside me. I turned and saw Imran was laughing. "What the hell" I looked around, and I was in the car.

"You were sleeping like a Hyena. I tried waking you up but you're such a heavy sleeper." He said

"How do you know that Hyena sleep like this?? Are you one of them??" I glared.

"Noooo" he said hurriedly.

"Good" just then my cell rang. "Hello"

"I think you've taken enough break" he barked from the other side.

"I'm coming in five minutes. I'm at the entrance". I said and he hang up.

"Have to go now. He's angry"

"So what's new in that?" He said, I laughed.

"Okay bye and thank you for today. Dropping me now and in the morning" I smiled as I got out of the car.

"It was my duty as a friend" he said

"No, seriously, Thank you so muchhh"

"My pleasure. Now go or else your boss will come down" he said and I laughed and went inside.

I walk into office, and get weird stares, but continue anyway. I go to my desk, and noticed more crap is all over the place. I sighed and slumped down on my Chair. Then I sit at the front of my computer for the next five hours doing what feels like nothing. After finally completing all my work and got up to leave for his cabin, when I felt a bit dizzy.

"This is what you get for not eating anything for more than twenty four hours, and in these twenty fours, I've only had a cup of Cappuccino." I muttered.

Before leaving my cabin, I checked my appearance. Dark Circles were very much prominent. I sighed and then walked to his office.

I knocked.

"Come in"

"Here's the files" I said handing over him the files. This time he did look at my direction and took the files. After going through he said "Good work!!"

"Thank you" I said in a monotone. I was totally not in the mood to talk or hear anything. I was so damn tired.

"You can leave early, if you want" he said looking at me.

"Thank you" I said and turned to leave. I've taken a few steps only, when my head started spinning and I felt as if the ground is moving. Next thing I knew, I was hugging my boyfriend when my eyes closed automatically.