Chapter 71: Light in the dark

Saira's P.O.V

I closed the heavy door behind me and immediately heard someone yell. As I looked up, the little Prince Charming was running downstairs, towards me:"Mommy! You are back! Where is daddy?"

"Daddy is helping the United Republic, my little dragon.", I kissed Zuko.

"Why can't it solve its problems alone?"

"Because sometimes people need help, Zuko. If Mia needed your help, would you help her?"

"Yes mommy! It's my duty!"

"That's my boy. I'm so proud of you.", I said kissing his cheek. Every day he took more after his father, which I was glad about, although I always complained that none of my children took after me. Which was not true. They took after both of us. And in Zuko's case, it were my bad habits and Iroh's good ones.

"Mommy, I have made a present for you.", he smiled brightly.

"Oh really? What is it?"

"Close you eyes.", he requested.

"Okay.", I did as he said.

"Now give me your hand."

"Yes, Sir.", I said and gave him my hand. He then took it and put something in my palm.

"Open your eyes mommy."

I opened my eyes and looked at my palm. A beautiful blue bracelet was laying in my hand. I smiled because it was beautiful and made with love. Zuko was exactly like Iroh. My husband loved getting presents and giving them to me or his other loved ones. I looked at it carefully and then at my now five year old son. His little face was shining and he couldn't wait how I would react.

I hugged my little Prince Charming:"Zuko! Have you made this beautiful bracelet all by yourself?"

"Yes mommy, I did! Do you like it?"

"Like it? No! I love it! This is the best present, I ever got! Would help me putting it on?"

"Really? Do you like it more than the blue ring, daddy gave you?", he asked while putting the bracelet on my wrist.

I chuckled and couldn't believe what I just heard:" Of course, little Prince Charming. Where is grandma?"

"She plays tea party with Ilah, uncle Lu Ten, aunt Medora and aunt Maira."

"Oh really? Why are you here then?"

Zuko leaned forward and whispered in my ear:"Because I don't like the tea, aunt Maira made. But don't tell her."

"I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise.", I held out my auricular finger and promised him that I wouldn't say anything. He then took my hand with his little one and pulled me to their tea party. As I entered the room everyone looked up. I grinned because the scene was hilarious. Four tall adults were sitting on a tiny pink table with teddy bears next to them and drank tea with a little girl. As Ilah saw me, she stood up and ran towards me. I got on my knees and hugged my soon three years old daughter.

"Mommy, did Zuko give you your present?"

"Yes, lily. He did. I see you have a lot of fun here."

"Yes, I have mommy. Did you like your present?", she asked innocently.

"I loved it, lily. Thank you."

"Do you want to drink tea mommy?"

"Of course."