chapter 66(A) - part 1

"Manik" came a high-tone bitchy voice from the entrance grabbing everyone's attention.

"Uh-ho" manik and nandini uttered looking at each other with a scared expression.

All turned their heads towards the source of voice. Raj and Nyonika were shocked till no end seeing soha on their doorstep. While Bhushan, latha and Gagan had a confused look on their face. But our younger clan were too confused to react so stayed quite.

Manik was sweating profusely looking at soha, at that time soha looked like a road roller which is coming towards him and would roll over his body smashing him to the ground. He knew this situation would come but didn't expect this soon. Geez, his parents just arrived for christ sake.

Soha walked upto manik, ignoring the fact that maniks parents are looking at her cause she didn't want to mess with her plan. She believed that manik took her back cause he was in love with her before and still is. But his parents, not so sure.

"Manik, hey ! I missed you soo much that I came all the way over here to meet you" soha coaxed in her honey-coated tone. Nandini's finger formed into a fist and her teeth clenched together, looking at soha standing so close to manik.

"What the hell is she doing in our house ?" A voice boomed in the house. It was Raj.

Manik closed his eyes briefly to get a grip on himself as he wasn't ready for this.

Suddenly the atmosphere turned tensed. Arav grabbed on to his mother's leg in fear as Raj shouted.

"Dad, listen....." manik moved away from soha and made his way near Raj.

"You better have a good reason why she stepped into our house manik, but right now I don't want to see her face. Tell her to get out" Nyonika snapped. A women standing in front of her took away her children happiness and ruined their whole family, what else could anyone expect from her.

"Raj who is this girl ?" Bhushan asked keeping his hand on Raj's shoulder.

"The one and only Soha kuranna, who took away our house happiness " Raj spat in anger. Bhushan knew everything about soha, what all she did to Malhotra's family but never saw her. When raj said who she was, he cringed his face looking at her. He too has a daughter, but he would never want his daughter to play with other peoples life and feelings just for money.

"Dad just ..." manik started but stopped in the middle and went to soha and dragged her to a corner and said "soha you need to go right now, I'll call you later. Just go" manik said softly but didn't attempt to touch her.

"But manik .." before soha could continue manik spoke.

"Listen I need to explain to them that how much I love you, right now you should go" manik felt disgusted when he uttered 'I love you' but he had no choice.

"Ohh manik ...I love you too and I'll wait, but please can I join tomorrow's function please " soha pleaded. She wanted to attend so that she could talk to mukti and manipulate her (at least that's what she thought).

"Oki you can but right now, you should go " manik gave a tight lipped smile. Soha nodded and left.

"Dad, mom can I talk to you guys in study ..please " manik pleaded.
"Come with us " Raj dragged Bhushan along with him.

Raj, Nyonika,Bhushan and manik walked to study.

Here in the hall, all sat in silence except Arav who nagged saying he's hungry. Navya and aliya took him to the kitchen to feed him.

Nandini came and sat next to mukti.

" Its going to turn out ugly, isn't it ?" Mukti asked with a poker face.
"Have faith in manik, mukti. That's all we can do" Nandini mumbled, more to herself.