6.5 : return

▲▼

      ▲▼

       For 10 whole minutes, Carmen and Piers stood in their old kitchen, holding each other close. Their clothes were soaked from each other's tears and their sobs remained echoing throughout the room.

When they finally pulled apart, Piers grabbed her by her trembling hands and sat next to her at the table, examining her face just as she was to him. It all made sense now- The reason he looked so tired was because he'd been going through the torture and pain she'd faced over the past few hours- But for months now.

"Piers, why are you here?" She breathed out, not able to take her eyes off of him.

Piers gave her a dumbfounded look, "I think we both know why I'm here. Why are you here? What did you do?"

Carmen bit down harshly on her bottom lip, "Isaac's father escaped and dragged him down here. I met a witch who helped me make a breach so I could come in and find him. The pack doesn't know I'm here, but I've only been here for a few minutes. They shouldn't even have noticed-"

He sighed deeply and interrupts her, "Carmen, that's not how things work. Time is distorted here- A few minutes here could be hours, maybe even days in real life."

"Then I need to get back as soon as possible." She quipped quickly, perking up in her seat and gulping down the lump in her throat.

"Do you have any idea where he might be?" Piers asked. When Carmen shook her head sadly, he continued, "Well, what was he most afraid of?"

She bites her lip and shrugs, "His dad, I guess?"

"So we need to find a way to hop into his fears and find the real Isaac," Piers states with an assertive tone, "Much easier said than done, but.."

"..Is it possible to hop into someone else's fears?"

He suddenly goes rigid, face falling in sadness. "Yeah. I've done it before. You just have to-"

"With who?" She leaned forward, cutting his words short.

"Huh?"

"Who's fears did you go in?"

"Nina's."

Her eyes roll to the back of her head and she runs a hand through her tangled hair, "Of course, I should have guessed. Why wouldn't she be here?"

"I've only seen her once," He sighs deeply, folding his arms over his chest, "It wasn't pretty. She killed me, but unlucky for me, you can't die in a place full of dead. You just come right back and you're forced to relive it all over again."

"That's why i came back to life when the fake Isaac killed me.." Her throat went dry. "I'm not going to let you go through this again. I'm bringing you and Isaac back with me, so let's go-"