The Aftermath

Your reactions to the last chapter was seriously awesome. I knew I was going to get a great reaction and you didn't disappoint ;P

I am not totally evil so here is the next chapter. Someone guessed what POV this would be in so here you go. Enjoy.

By the way we smashed 15,000 reads!!!! WOOP! WOOP!

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

(AKA Jerk and Feels Crusher xxx) :D

P.S. Ask me some questions for ASK THE AUTHOR PLEASE.

Chapter 27

Xander’s POV

                Her body was so pale. So pale. Her skin was like snow. She was naturally pale but this was ghostly. Her eye lids were shut and unmoving with her delicate eye lashes the most prominent colour on her face. I looked down to her lips which were the palest pink I have ever seen. She looked so peaceful and at ease. She looked so at rest as if nothing would trouble her.

                She had been cleaned of blood and of dirt so her hair was sprawled across the pillow in stark contrast with how black it was. She looked so beautiful. The white sheet was draped carefully across her small delicate frame. She looked so innocent.

                I looked down to my hands which were covering her hand delicately. I clutched on for dear life. I felt the tears role down my face freely in the knowledge that this was a private room in the medical wing. She had been through so much hurt and so much pain. My thoughts flickered back to the injuries I saw on her.

                My mind flashed back to the scars. Her stomach was brutally mutilated with scars crisscrossing evilly back and forth. Her back. Her back. I shuddered at the memory. Her skin was torn. The gashes of every stroke were easily seen across her delicate skin as blood oozed from the wound. I shuddered at the thought of it.

                They would now remain permanent on her skin. It would remain a reminder of everything that she had been through. I followed my gaze up from her hand to her neck where the black bruises decorated her skin and followed my gaze up to her lip which had the gash still slightly present and the yellow and black bruises that circled her right eye. She had been through so much to save and help the pack and the ones I loved.

                The door opened and I quickly whipped away my tears. My wolf and I were suffering. The amount of hurt and guilt we felt was overwhelming. I looked to the door to see the doctor walk in. He went up to the heart monitor that was beeping consistently. I watched as the doctor checked Jen’s sats. I looked on in anticipation.

                “How is she? Why isn’t she awake yet?” I asked in just a stream of questions.

                The doctor looked at me sympathetically. He checked her operation wound on her stomach and the surrounding scars. I looked on intently.

                “I don’t know when she will wake. I don’t know when or if she will wake up. You have seen her body. She has been hurt so severely. Her body has been through so much physical and mental trauma. She had extensive internal bleeding, we had to resuscitate her and we don’t know the extent of her head wounds. Her other scars will forever be there because of using silver. It could be another day, another week. I don’t know. Her body and wolf need to recover from a trauma such as this,” The doctor explained, tentatively.