Caged

It had stormed that night on Neverland. I felt relived that the tents were sturdy enough against the harsh wind that blew in loud whispers. Rain was pouring, and thunder boomed across the sky. I lay awake, as I watched my tent light up when a bolt a lightning flashed across the darkness.

Peter was back in his tent, hopefully not laying awake like me, where I struggled to sleep. It may have been because I was too busy with my own thoughts, or the fear that the demon would come back tonight. I could almost imagine the demon, his black filled eyes glinting with hatred, strangling me until I could no longer breathe.

I admit that I am afraid of Peter. Though, I knew if he knew that, he would shatter like glass.

Fragile, he is. Peter is so fragile, I'm afraid I'll break him; and, that when I put the poor boy back together, he will never be the same as before. He had already been broken before, what would happen if I was the one that broke him again?

My thoughts continued to linger, but my eyelids began to grow heavy, and eventually closed into a deep sleep.

***

Shrieks and screams of agony could be heard in between the cracks of lightning and rolls of thunder. I bolted awake, suddenly hearing more screams and what sounded like a weapon piercing into flesh. There came another scream, but this time, I knew exactly whom it was from.

Peter.....

I darted out of my tent, not caring that it was still pouring down rain. But, when I had made it to the center of the camp, I saw Archer run out of his tent. He was screaming and looked as if he had been sprayed with blood. He crumples to his knees, sobbing. His hands were shaking as he covered his face, muffling the cries that escaped his lips.

Suddenly, Hunter and Blade emerge out of that same tent, they were dragging someone, and it instantly made me gasp.

Blade and Hunter each had an arm as they dragged Peter down the path that led to the cages. I could see that his eyes were jet black, and there was an arrow pierced in his upper shoulder. He was yelping as Hunter and Blade dragged him away in their tight grip. It made my heart ache at the sound of those yelps, even though I knew it wasn't actually Peter.

"What's going on?" I questioned over the pouring rain and thunder.

Tame, who stood in front of the tent with wide eyes, turns to me with a trembling voice. "Pan murdered Wolf."

Felix.... My eyes widen as Falcon had the limp and lifeless body of Felix in his arms. Felix was absolutely soaked in blood, and multiple stab marks could be seen all over his abdomen. I cover my mouth with my hands, stifling a sob. Felix was Peter's best friend, and the demon had killed him.

"This is bad..." I spoke softly, but worriedly. Tame and Falcon nod their heads. Arrow had three shovels in his arms, his head drooping as he walked toward us.

"Wolf, was the only one who could understand Pan," Falcon said with his deep voice. "He understood all of us."

"Peter will be devastated," I uttered.

"He'll probably try to kill himself just like when Rufio died," Arrow added. "Also Summer..."

I bite my lip. "We need to get rid of this demon before the rest of us get hurt."

The boys nod their heads. I sigh, and turn around, heading straight for the cages.

I was not sure if Peter was back or not, but it was awfully quiet when I approached the cages. Blade and Hunter were staring at Peter who was inside of the cage, appearing to be asleep.