Chapter 20: Prey

Song: Shark, by Oh Wonder

So I absolutely love the picture of Adrian above, he looks so happy and it just makes my heart all tingly cause my bby is finally happy 💙 also this was one of the only pictures of the model smiling that I could find. Models are oddly gloomy, guess it's just an aesthetic thing.

~HarleyVB 💙☕️

Adrian's POV

I could feel my mark start to burn and create a spiking ache on my neck. The pain drove me out of my pleasant dreams, the over-sensitivity from the newly scarred skin making me dig my teeth into my bottom lip. My fingers brushed over the mark, a cry coming from my lips when it sparked pleasure from the area. It was definitely something I had to get used to.

I shifted around, bumping the large body next to me.

There was something warm pressed against my side, though I didn't feel my mate's arms wrapped around me. I let out a small yawn and turned to face Finn, blushing when I noticed that the sheets underneath me were sticky and my clothes were tossed on the floor. Pulling the covers over myself, my eyes met with a furry creature.

I giggled as the large wolf let out deep breaths, its chest rising against the paws tucked against it. My mate was firmly squished up against me, making me the little spoon while the wolf slightly cuddled me.

The animal didn't even stir when I ran my fingers over his fur, smiling as he nuzzled his face closer to my back. I turned myself around so I could face him, the wolf's snout breathing hot air against my face, but I didn't mind it.

"Good morning, mate." I said quietly, trying to keep the inert creature asleep.

My plan didn't work when he was taken from sleep by my voice, comforting brown eyes meeting my own as he let out a doglike yawn.

"I see you shifted during the night." I commented, rubbing his muzzle while he snorted and leaned forward to lick my face. "Bad dog, no licking." I said teasingly, only to be attacked by his tongue.

I wiped the saliva off of my face, giggling when he prodded my cheeks with his wet nose while he sniffed.

"S-Stop," I said, laughing when his fur tickled my face. "Th-That tickles-"

His wet tongue came in contact with my mark and I let out a sharp gasp, instantly pushing his face back as my body shook. I pressed a hand against the raw skin, squeezing my eyes closed while the pleasure instantly turned to deep pain.

"Love," I heard Finn's deep voice say, his hand pressed against my shoulder to turn me on my back. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

There was obvious fear and concern in his voice, hands gliding over my skin to look for the source of my agony.