Ch. 25

I feel movement next to me and groan as my stomach flips. I kick the blankets down and stagger out of bed to the bathroom. Throwing up endlessly, while trying to keep my hair from falling forward.

I sit back on the cold tile, getting a small reprieve. Truex walks in with a bottle of water, concerned. "You okay?"

"No." I answer, honestly.

"Can I get you anything?"

"A hair tie." I request. Knowing in a few minutes I'm going to be hugging the toilet again. I don't remember being this hungover in my entire life. What the hell was I thinking? My head throbs as I concentrate on not throwing up.
I feel my hair being brushed back and secured with a hair tie. The toilet is flushed and I wait for another bout of nausea to hit me. When it does Truex sits, rubbing my back and watching me. What the hell is he in here for?

"Go, away. You don't have to see this." I tell him.

"How much did you drink?" He asks, worriedly.

I lean back. "Too much." I reply, thinking of the shots I took, making my stomach clinch. "If you loved me you'd mercy kill me." I say, taking a sip of water.

"That's what I have to do to prove my love to you?" He grins, tiredly.

I nod and lean forward again, as I dry heave. When they finally stop I turn to him. "Go to bed. I'll be fine in a bit."

"I'll call the IV bar. They do in-room hangover IV's."

"An IV. Like a needle?" I question, stupidly.

"Yes, but it will make you feel better."

I nod. "I'll do anything."

    Truex comes back into the bathroom minutes later. He puts one of his shirts over my head and carries me back into the room and places me on the bed. "They'll be here soon." I nod and close my eyes.

When I open them a man is standing over me, asking me to sign something. I do and he takes my arm, hooking me up to an IV bag of fluids. My head is still groggy from drinking and lack of sleep. I listen as he talks to Truex about football. I fall asleep and awake up sans IV and hear the television playing in the living room part of the suite. Deciding I need to shower and brush my teeth more than I need to see Treux, I make my way to the bathroom. Feeling surprisingly better than I was this morning. I shower quickly, noticing the ring on my hand. I remember last night and groan loudly as I wrap the towel around myself. Brushing my teeth twice and throughly, I am renewed. I comb out my hair and let it air dry as I get dressed in black yoga pants and a black tank top.

I open the bedroom door surprisingly hungry. Treux looks up amused. "Feeling better?"

I glare at him, "Never again."

"You're never going to drink again?" He asks, doubtfully.

"No, just never drinking without Mya. She knows how to stop me from going too far." I sit on the couch next to him bringing my legs up and putting my hands between my legs. Noticing the ring again. "What am I supposed to do with this?" I ask, bringing up the ring and looking at it.

"Wear it." He states, as his phone rings. He answers and I hear Mya on the other end and she's yelling. I smile, knowing she thinks our wedding was real. We've argued about it before, but my mom said she married my dad in Vegas and that it wasn't a legal marriage. I think she would know.

Truex ends the call and looks at me, "Hungry? Mya is hosting brunch in her suite."

"Starving. How mad is she?"

"Livid." He replies, seriously. I giggle as we walk to the door. I slip on a pair of black sandles and Treux holds the door open. "I was worried you weren't going to remember last night." He remarks, as we get on the elevator to go down a floor.