Chapter twenty nine.

If the photo works it's of Belle.

Wednesday.............................................

Belle's hands shook as he stepped out of the limo and into the large parking lot outside the prison that Alex was in. His father had contacted her and agreed to let her see his son, even sending a car. As badly as she wanted to see him she was scared.

"Are you sure about this?" Jade asked from behind her.

"Yeah...I'm sure."

"Okay, if it gets to be too much....just say the word and we'll leave."

"Thanks, Jade."

"You're welcome."

Together the pair entered the large, cold building and Belle hung back while Jade spoke to the man behind the desk. He had her sign papers and then finally they were escorted down a long hall way. Bell stuck close to her stepmother, fearful of almost everything in the building from the convicts to the guards.

They walked into a long hallway, the side to Belles left mostly glass with phones, there were men seated in orange jumpsuits on the other side some already talking to their loved ones others waiting. When she passed one of the men lunged for the glass with a bark and she jumped, wincing away.

The Alex came into view sitting on the other side of the glass, his hair uncombed, wearing an orange jumpsuit and sporting a black eye. She collapsed into the chair and with shaky hands lifted the phone to her ear.

"Hey baby," He said softly.

The damn broke and she busted into sobs, pressing her hand against the glass. Jade reached out and lay a hand on her shoulder. Alex frowned but didn't say anything else, her fingers slowly curling into her palm and sliding down the glass to the table she was now laying her head on.

"Don't cry baby, please.....don't cry." He said softly.

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry." She choked out.

"No, don't be sorry."

"I am."

"Look at me, Belle.....look at me."

Slowly choking back tears she raised her head to look up at him, he'd slid closer to the glass his eyes the most vibrant blue she'd ever seen.

"This....is not your fault."

"I've brought you nothing but trouble, I should have stayed away from you. I should have known that I couldn't......couldn't have this one thing."

"Belle....you have me, okay? No matter what happens you have me....I'm yours. I will always be yours." He promised.

"Now, stop crying....talk to me, I...I need you to talk to me." He said gently.

"Okay.....how...what happened to your eye?" She asked, taking a shaky breath.

"Oh...this....it's uh...word got out about....me and you, the general population....doesn't take kindly to uhm.... Statutory rapists."

"You never raped me," She said.

"I know but.....you're under eighteen and I'm over twenty one so......it doesn't matter, I'm fine. How are you holding up?"

"I miss you," She said softly.

"I miss you too."

"I'll testify...I will. I'll tell them that you never forced yourself on me, I'll tell them about my dad I'll tell them everything." She promised.