Four - Nerd

You clenched your textbooks to your chest, weaving through the crowded hallways and making your way towards the Slytherin Common Room, which was the Dungeon. You despised being in the house, yet you knew deep down you'd have to deal with it. The Sorting Hat was wise, and there was no going back when you had been sorted. You sat down on one of the cold, leather chairs stored in the corner as you buried your head in your hands.

"(Name). Are you okay?"

From instincts, you poked your head out from your cupped hands that formed around your face. Your elder brother stared you in the eyes.

"Oh. Draco. I'm alright," You mumbled under your breath. You never really had friends to hang out with, as being a Slytherin, most students saw you as a bully. So instead, you'd stay behind with your brother, Draco. Most of Draco's harsh actions always phased you, but you couldn't really do anything.

"Well, I'm heading out with the boys, tag along?" He spoke as he edged himself closer.

"Skipping class again?" You asked him, as you lifted your head up to meet his eyes.

"Always. Come on, just this once," Draco insisted. This was typical Draco, whenever you'd question any of his harsh actions, he'd always insist for you to join in. After all, he was your brother, he may be rude to others, yet you knew he had a soft spot, especially for you. You were his younger sister after all.

"Fine," You stood up as you dropped your textbooks down onto the marble floor, walking your way out of the dungeons with Draco.

"Aww, look at little Newt Scamander! Studying creatures again?" You heard Crabbe screech out as he threw illustrated papers all over the place. You slowly walked over to Crabbe and Goyle bullying a Hufflepuff, who's name was Newt Scamander. As the papers had flown all over the place, you gently plucked one paper from the air, revising over the scribbled notes and beautiful drawings.

"D-Draco, oh and (Name)," Goyle stammered as he punched Crabbe's arm to signal that your elder brother stood by. You felt as if sometimes, Draco trampled over the two like doormats. You glanced over to Goyle, whose mouth was watering from the sight of you. It made you scoff from how he liked you, and how blind your brother was from it. You bent down next to the Hufflepuff who was on his knees as he picked up all of his artworks, scrambling and stuffing them messily into his book.

"You dropped this," You spoke gently as you slowly handed over the artwork to him. He snatched the paper away from you, giving you a small glance before he stood up on his own feet; tripping over his feet as he quickly waddled off to his next class.

"What's your problem?" Draco questioned as you slowly stood up, brushing the dust off of your plaited skirt. You didn't bother to say a word as you looked your brother in the eyes.

"Is there something wrong with being nice?" You asked him with aggressiveness. It took a toll on Draco, and you felt bad immediately. "I-I'm sorry Draco; I'm just sick of being looked upon as a bully whenever I'm near you," You continued as you gently wrapped your arms around your brother, before walking off to your next class without a word from him.

You took your seat as you sat in the Potions Class, not caring who you sat next to.

"E-Excuse me, you're in my seat." A girl spoke as she trembled just by standing next to you. She wore round-edged glasses that sat on her pale nose, silk blonde hair fell at her shoulders and her bright blue eyes could light up the room.

"Find another seat," You hissed before turning your head back down to the wooden desk, catching a glimpse of the young man sitting next to you.

"The hell are you looking at!?" You exclaimed, slamming your fist down onto the desk, your books jumping from its place in the corner.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to stare." He stammered aloud, his voice giving you a shock. You'd never find someone's voice to sound so caring and gentle; It gave you the weirdest of feelings inside. You studied his features, realizing you had helped him from before.

"You're the Hufflepuff from before, aren't you?" You questioned him, edging closer to him and staring him in the eyes. His generous, gentle eyes had looked back into yours. You adored his freckle-splattered face, his curled burgundy hair, the British accent that held onto every sentence. Questions slurred and mixed in your mind.

How could a Slytherin ever have a heart?

Is it possible to fall in love so quickly?

"I-I am so." He gently spoke, this taking you back as you thought to yourself. It shook you out of your dreams and thoughts.

"Thank you for helping me though," He continued, giving an apologetic smile towards you. Your eyes brightened up as he smiled at you.

"(Last Name) and Mr Scamander!" Professor Snap shot out, spotlighting the two of you at the back of the class. Your posture straightened and you stared at the Professor.

"Y-Yes Professor?" Newt stammered, his hands trembling besides himself. You turned your face towards Newt, a shade of red creeped up onto the tip of his ears and his freckled cheeks.

"Please, tell me. What a Polyjuice Potion?" Snape bluntly spoke, making Newt gulp nervously. His voice trembled as he tried to speak out and I gave him an apologetic smile. As his hands trembled beside him, you reached out for his hand and squeezed it tightly. As both of your hands interlocked, you could feel the tension from his hand disappear and relax.

"The Polyjuice Potion allows a person to assume the form of another," Newt informed, the Professor scoffing at Newt's knowledge.

"Correct..." Snape grimaced as he gritted his teeth before returning to the board and writing the potion that the whole class had to form, Draught of Living Death. The class bustled and chartered with their partner as the smell of failing concoctions had filled the room.

"Newt, do you think you could stir it anticlockwise seven times then one time clockwise?" You asked him as you placed the textbook back in it's place. You had memorised all the important things that Snape had told you.

"But (Name), it says to only stir seven times anticlockwise." Newt protested as his cheeks lit up a bright red.

"I know," You gave him a mischievous smirk.
"Trust me, I know what we're doing. In no time, we'll be able to earn the Felix Felicis from Snape,"

Newt had nodded in agreement before stirring the pot seven time anticlockwise, then clockwise once. The pot had then bubbled slightly and you gave a smile before shooting your hand up to signal Snape that you were done and finished. The stern Professor made his way over with every minimal limber step, he edged over the pot and stared down before looking back up towards the two of you.

"One Felix Felicis," Snape mentioned as he held over the hourglass shaped bottle filled with the golden, lucky liquid. You have a smile to Snape before he walked off, Hermione giving a disgusted look towards you.

"We did it! I can't believe it," Newt exclaimed as he threw his hands in the air, you examining the shining liquid that held itself in the bottle. You chuckled as you handed over the bottle towards Newt.

"I think you deserve it," You gently spoke, a glint of generosity shining in your eyes.

"I could kiss you right now!" He shouted with such excitement, before realising what he had just blurted out from his chapped lips. The room had went silently and all eyes fell upon the two lovers. Newt made stuttering noises, looking down as his hands started shaking. You laughed out loud from his adorable charade before quickly leaning in and giving Newt a longing kiss.

Fireworks lit up in your heart and you felt your cheeks go warm as your lips both connected, you felt yourself ease as the room spun in blurriness. Newt becoming the only one you could see as you stared at him while Newt's soft, chapped lips collided with yours.

You then leaned back, disconnecting the moment before Newt blushed a hard red while his fingertips touched his salmon lips in awe.

"How are you not a Hufflepuff?" He questioned, causing you to burst into laughter.

The only thought that stuck on your mind was this,

What would Draco think?