Pills and Powders

Weasley and Weasley, High Street, Hogsmeade

"Fred ! George!" Ginny barged in, calling out to her brothers.

"Oh, look who we have here, dear brother! It's our dear little sister", Fred stepped out from the storage room, into the retail section, calling out to George.

"Hey you're not allowed near that section!" He called out to Ginny who was at the WonderWitch counter.

She picked up the box of Love Pills from the WonderWitch section in one hand and stepped in front of them, waving it, another hand on her hip, that made her closely resemble her mother.
"Pray, tell us, WHAT THE HELL is this abomination, you've created."

"Great Godric Ginny. You insult our talent!" George put in dramatically.

"What you call an abomination is the embodiment of Love young lady. Not just infatuation. It's pure love", Fred said taking the box from her and looking at it fondly.

"Love Pills, also available in powder form for those who prefer to drink it up. Genius isn't it?" He added.

"Genius shmenius, my ārse! What the hell is it!" Ginny was furious now. It looked like she was about to hex someone to oblivion.

"You mean to say you managed to manufacture Love?" Blaise asked, now genuinely surprised.

"Of course not, genius! No one can manufacture Love. Don't they teach you useful things at Hogwarts anymore?" George said impatiently, to the Slytherin.

"The Love Pill simply decreases inhibition of the consumer towards a person they love and increases their desire to be with them drastically", Fred explained.

"Like multiplies their love. About ten times", George added.

"Works best if both the partners have consumed it", Fred continued for his brother.

"The more people try to pry the lovers apart, the more they'll want to be together", George put in.

"And the best part is, unlike the Love Potion the consumer still retains the ability of thinking and free will", Fred informed them.

"They'll use all their cunning and resources to get what they want. Genius isn't it?" George added.

"Amazing.." Luna said, staring at the dangerous pink box, wide eyed. "I want one of each, pill and powder."

"Sure, as long as you don't share it with our sister", Fred said handing her the box. "Five galleons please.

"What's so amazing?" Blaise muttered to himself.

"What in the world possessed you to create this monstrosity? How did you even get the idea.." Ginny asked horrified.

"We took our inspiration from muggle drugs. Don't worry, wizards aren't as strongly affected by them as muggles, so technically what we're doing isn't illegal", Fred replied coolly.

"Of course, we're just matchmaking, you know. Just giving people some introspection on their true feelings", George explained.

"Do you know how many people never confess their love?" Fred sighed.

"A lifetime of regret", George sighed longer.

"Brothers fighting brothers. Lovers fighting lovers", Fred said dramatically, although a smile was tugging at the corners of his lips.

"But not anymore!" George announced triumphantly.

"Enough! Did you ever think of what would happen if the person taking this loves a person who doesn't love them back?" Ginny interrupted their dramatics.