Carols and Conspiracies

The three of them returned late that day so they went back to their dorms.

They had prepared to reveal the truth to Draco and Hermione at the Christmas feast, but nothing had prepared them for the scene that awaited them.

***************************

Christmas Feast, Great Hall, Hogwarts

Ginny had gone on first, not wanting to be seen together with Blaise, as it would arouse unnecessary suspicion.

As they entered the Great Hall for dinner, Blaise and Luna saw Draco happily eating his Christmas feast out of Pansy's fork at the Slytherin table.

Amidst all the festive faces, Hermione was looking miserable as she silently ate out of her own plate, while Ginny comforted her, giving Draco scathing looks.

If glares could kill, Draco would be dead twice over by now.

"Oh! This is going to take a lot more work to fix, than we'd planned", Luna observed.

"You bet", agreed Blaise, as he scooted over to his table.

***************************

The next day Blaise, Luna and Ginny were at the Owlery Tower, huddled together, discussing their next course of action, while waiting for the fateful letter from the twins.

"So, Malfoy is now going out with Pansy?" Asked Ginny.

"Yes", Blaise sounded exhausted. He was tired of trying to instill some sense into his best friend.

"I thought he hated her", Ginny probed.

"Well apparently he hates himself more", Blaise said cryptically.

"Excuse me?" Ginny demanded an explanation.

"He's miserable with her", Blaise clarified.

"Didn't seem that way at the Christmas feast yesterday", Ginny responded bitterly.

"Trust me, he is. He just doesn't show it.

I've known him for years. He's a really good actor and an excellent Occlumence.

He thinks Hermione likes Ron and he's convinced himself he likes Pansy. He doesn't want to break Hermione's heart again, or so he says", Blaise was clutching his hair in his fists now.

"You know very well that's complete nonsense", Ginny snorted.

"Yes, and so does he. I just don't know how to convince him", Blaise raised his hands up in resignation.

"Maybe it's not you who has to convince him", Luna patted his shoulder kindly.

"What do you mean?" Blaise looked at her in confusion. At that moment, he would give anything to see his best friend happy.

"Maybe he needs to hear it from himself", she said waving a little pink box of Love pills.

Just then, an elegant brown owl swept in through the window and landed in front of Blaise.

It was from the Weasley twins. He opened the parchment and read the dates and his worse suspicions were confirmed.

"Well, screw it!" Blaise cursed.

"What is it?" Ginny asked.

Blaise lifted his head and revealed a smirk. "Well let's just say we won't be needing these Love Pills anymore, to know who Draco likes", he spoke.

"What? Why?" The girls asked in chorus.

"Because Pansy has been giving them to Draco ever since he made that Unbreakable Vow. Probably even before that", he told them chuckling to himself.