Chapter 14

"I don't want be in love
Every time that I do I just go and just fuck it up
I can't never commit to it
Every time I get to it

Hos hittin me up cuz they all just wanna fuck
I can't never do the relations
All my bros got your bitch in rotation "

Don't Wanna Be in Love -Elijah The Boy 

Janae

I was practically falling asleep on the drive home. The 9-5 life had me feeling like a damn grandma. I felt a light tap on my thigh, causing me to blink my eyes open.

"We're here" Dave spoke.

I didn't mean to sound awkward after the kiss we shared but I really had nothing else to say. It was just different, something I never felt before. I wasn't sure if it was a long time since I had a kiss or I wasn't feeling it.

It was different.

I grabbed my blazer in one hand and pushed my purse up in my shoulder. I looked over to him, his eyes were still low but not as much.

"Thank you for tonight, it was nice" I smiled.

"You're welcome, thanks for the good time" he laughed.

"Get home safe" I spoke as I opened the door.

"Have a good night" he smiled.

I hopped out the car and walked towards my gate. I was so tired but I also had to let everything sink in.

I unlocked the door and was scared half to death by my father who stood at the bottom of the steps like he was waiting for me.

"Papi"

"You know what time it is?"

I looked down at my phone. Close to 3 am.

"Almost 3?" I looked at him confused.

"You don't think it was a good idea to tell your mother or me, you were going to be coming in late"

I looked at him like he had three heads, I came in close to 7 am on my birthday and he's beefing about tonight.

"Well no, Im sorry"

"Have you been drinking?" He eyed me.

"I had a drink several hours ago, but I'm sober as can be" I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"Who was that in that white car?"

He was playing spy on Jay tonight I see.

"My friend" I stood up against the wall near the stairs.

"A friend? Which friend is this ?"

"He's a new friend"

"So it's a man"

"Papi que te pasa?" (What's wrong?)

"Nothing is wrong but since when do you go out and come in at the crack of dawn"

He was so dramatic, I just shook my head.

"Papi please" I shook my head.

"He couldn't walk you to the door?" He asked pissed it was a guy I've been out with.

"No I didn't want him to" I spoke with an attitude.

"Watch your tone, tu no mandas aquí" (You not in charge here). He pointed his finger at me.

"Good night" I walked up the stairs toward my room.

What was on his biscuit tonight. I knew my grandmother wouldn't tell my parents anything unless she felt it was necessary. I sat on my bed and looked at my phone which had a few text messages from a few different people.