The Prize is Won

"Welcome to the third match of the season. Slytherin vs Ravenclaw", Luna's dreamy voice echoed through the stadium.

"The Slytherin team is now flying out for a warm up around the pitch. They seem to be rather distracted today. I wonder what the problem is."

***************************

The previous night - Slytherin Dungeons

"There you go mate! It's your favourite Bungbarrel Spiced Mead!
How about a toast to our imminent victory?" Zabini entered the common room dangling a bottle of the finest oak matured mead, in front of Draco to see.

"Zabini, if it were up to me, I would leave the celebration for after the win. You know what they say, don't count your dragons before they hatch", Draco replied coldly.

"Lucky I'm not you then, eh? Come on, Draco. Loosen up! It's our last match in Hogwarts." He nudged his best friend.

"Fine then", Draco conceded, accepting the bottle.

Bottoms up! Drink up Drakie. 'Cause tomorrow, you're SO going to confess to Granger. Blaise thought, bouncing excitedly on his heels.

"Parkinson, Nott, Bulstrode, Greengrass! Come on here. Blaise has a treat for everyone!"

Oh damn! Blaise went pale.

"Draco is that really necessary? Bulstrode?" He said nervously.

"It's for the House or no-one". Draco was adamant. Blaise knew he had to play along the turn of events.

Well screw it! It's not like it's a Love Potion. What's the worse that could happen? I'm not in love anyway.

Ten minutes later, Pansy and Nott were making out on the couch.

Astoria, Daphne and Millicent were nowhere to be seen.

"I'm sorry Draco. You're a real tool", Pansy said unapologetically.

"It's fine Pansy. There's no love lost. But you really need to let him go. He's got a game tomorrow", Draco said in a serious tone.

"You're such a git!" She called out to him for ruining her bliss.

"It's your call Nott", he said ignoring her.

Nott only grunted in response, apparently too involved in his love making activity to give out a coherent reply.

"You like Nott! All that conspiring and conniving to get hold of Draco! And you like Nott??" Blaise exclaimed. He was about to tear off his hair from his head in exasperation.

"Well a girl's got to have something Blaise. Not everyone can have both riches and romance."

"Morgana's mercy, I think I'm going to throw up!" He said revolted.

And he did!

***************************

Next morning - Head Girl Dorm

Hermione came out of the shower to find Ginny with a tray of breakfast.

"Hello there! I brought you breakfast!"

"Wow! I didn't expect you actually would. Thank you! If I didn't know better I'd think you want a favor", Hermione teased.

"Hermione I brought this tray because I care for you. But yes I do want a favor."

Hermione groaned as Ginny's ears reddened. If she had to do this right, she had to be subtle.

"It's not for me. It's for Harry. He's not feeling that well so I wanted to ask you if you'd take up Quidditch duty for him."