Chapter 8

I clutch my hair hard enough to feel my head ache. Trying to rip it off my skull. I know I am breathing heavily but yet it feels like my throat is clogged up. Preventing me from breathing properly. My chest physically hurting.

I desperately try to keep my tears at bay. Yet my blurry eyes state my weakness. My tears threatening to spill.

I feel his arm snake through my waist as he pulls me close to him. His arms waiting for me. I embrace him back. Putting my arms around his neck, I press myself further to his comforting body. Letting his body heat worm my cold heart.

I let go. All the anger, hurt, desperation, confusion; every thing that I had kept till now buried in me, bottling it up. I let it all flow out of me. I cry my heart out in his arms. I bury my head deep in his chest and scream while my eyes pour like hailstorm all my emotions.
I cry till my eyes run dry and my throat becomes sour. All the while Arakh holds me tight patiently, not saying anything just letting me cry my heart out, until my tired body gives up. He than lifts me in his arms gently and lays me down on the divan.

My tired eyes droop slowly and I feel sleepy. With my head resting in the crock of his shoulder and his arms wrapped around me like blanket. I fall into a deep slumber, listening to his heartbeat like a slow echoing Lullaby.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Earlier that day...

Everything happens in slow motion. I see a figure standing in the middle of the road. I realize I am driving too fast. I hit the breaks as hard as I can. I hear the car tires screeching. My sweaty palms loose the grip of the steering wheel.

I make a sharp right turn to avoid hitting the guy. I loose control and my car gets off road going straight for a tree. I am shocked my the impact. The air bag explodes in my face.

In a distorted state I struggle with my seat belt but it is stuck. I feel something wet drip down my head. I reach to touch it and wince at the sharp pain. Drawing back my hand I see it covered with blood. I had hit my head. I try opening the door but it too is stuck.

I start losing my vision. Even with blurry eyes I keep on trying to free myself, until I finally lose my consciousness.

I open my eyes with a jolt and gasp. I blink few times to clear my vision. An old guy is hovering over me with concern in his eyes. He is saying something. I can see his lips moving but I am unable to hear as my ears are ringing.

I try to focus on his faint voice until I can hear him loud and clear. "Girl, are you alright? Can you hear me?" He asks in a gruff voice. Not sure of my voice, I nod my head yes and slowly sit up with his help.