Epilogue

Author's POV

"Cyrus... What are you doing?" 

Cyrus looked down at Eli as he continued to trail a line of kisses down his back. "Well, what do you want me to do?" He replied in a husky tone. Eli shivered, blush creeping up his neck. Pulling him closer, Cyrus wrapped his arms around Eli, resting his hands on the small, swollen bump of Eli's stomach.

"How do you feel?" Eli said nothing, only leaning against Cyrus, enjoying the warmth of his embrace. A sudden knock on the bedroom door startled the two, and Eli quickly pulled away from Cyrus. Pouting, Cyrus moved over to the door, glaring at the newcomer. 

"If you're going to get angry, you probably shouldn't have been making so much noise." Adalynn said simply as she entered the room.

Inspecting the flushed red of Eli's face, Adalynn grinned. "Things were just getting good, huh?" 

Eli turned an even brighter shade of red as a jealous Cyrus pulled him close. "Yes. Now that you know, get lost." 

Adalynn put her hands up in defeat. "Okay, okay. I get it. Besides, "I only came here to say goodbye." 

Eli looked up, his embarrassment gone. "You're leaving today?" 

She nodded. "Yeah, Eve's downstairs waiting." Eli walked over, pulling Adalynn into a hug.

His step-sisters had decided to leave the pack, wanting to travel to a smaller one in hopes of settling down and finding mates. Though they may not have been the nicest to him, they were his family, and Eli wanted them to be happy. Breaking the hug, Eli stepped back towards Cyrus. "Try not to go at it too much, wouldn't want to hurt the baby." Adalynn laughed as both Eli and Cyrus turned red, shouting goodbyes as Cyrus pushed her out of the room.

Turning, Cyrus pulled Eli close, pushing him onto the bed. "Now then... Where were we?" Cyrus leaned down, capturing Eli's lips. Sliding his tongue along Eli's bottom lip, Cyrus explored every inch of Eli's mouth, running his tongue over every crevice. Eli shivered beneath him, exciting Cyrus even more. Cyrus continued to hover above Eli, attacking his lips again and again as he ran his hands up and down Eli's body.

Eli closed his eyes, enjoying the way Cyrus held him close. The tender touches and heated kiss were soon ended by another knock at the door. Growling, Cyrus pulled away from Eli, getting up once more to answer the door. "What is it this time!?" The figure chuckled at Cyrus's anger, pushing past him to enter the room.

Eli stood up from the bed as the former Alpha entered the room, followed by Eli's step-mother. Cyrus stood guard at the door, watching her like a hawk. The girls planned on taking their mother with them when they leave, to save the pack the trouble of dealing with her. The only thing she requested was a final meeting with Eli.

The room was silent as Eli's step-mother inspected him, watching as he placed a protective arm around his stomach. Her gaze was gentle, though her lips were drawn down in a frown. "Eli, I... have come to say goodbye. So, goodbye." Eli nodded slowly, staying as still as possible. Eli's step-mother turned to Cyrus's father, and they began to exit the room. Once at the doorway, she stopped. "You... Really remind me of him - my husband. Take good care of my grandchild." With that, she left the room.

"So," Cyrus drawled, leaning against Eli. "Now what? The mood's ruined." Eli chuckled, despite the blush that warmed his cheeks. Settling in against Cyrus, Eli sighed happily. 

"Well... I don't know." Cyrus sat down on the bed, keeping Eli in his lap as they talked. Standing up, Eli moved towards the window. The sounds from downstairs were gone, and the pack house was quiet.

Everything was still as Eli watched his family leave from the window. Once they were gone, he closed his eyes, his lips trembling softly. Cyrus sat for a moment before tugging Eli back down onto the bed, and kissing him. Threading his hand through Cyrus's hair, Eli leaned into the kiss.

"Wait... Before this, I need to do something." Cyrus stood up, marching over to the open door. He pulled it shut, clicking the lock before laying on top of Eli. As he leaned down, Eli stopped him. "What is it?" Cyrus looked worried, inspecting Eli carefully, his hands running up to Eli's stomach. 

"No, it's not that it's just..."

Cyrus seemed to understand, moving over to lay next to him. "Don't worry. I'm sure they'll come and visit. After all, they've got something to look forward to here, right?" He rubbed Eli's stomach, moving his hand down to clasp Eli's. "Besides, if it makes you that upset, I'd bring them back forcefully if I had to." 

Eli smiled. "Thank you."

The two settled into bed, their quiet breathing soon becoming a steady sleeping rhythm as they closed their eyes. Eli continued to smile as he gripped Cyrus's hand, pulling the blanket over his stomach.

Despite the continuous hardships, pain, and questioning, Eli knew that his world was changing. He knew that this time things would be different. Even if his world was changing, this time, it was for the better.