III. Sonic The Hedgehog

The room had no windows, so, heck, I didn't know that it was morning. My side wasn't sore anymore, so I could sit up without dying, and I didn't feel exhausted, but sleep still sounded sooo good. So every time I woke up, I just put myself back to sleep.

The only problem: I was still hungry.

I mean, c'mon, I wasn't trying to starve myself. I just forgot! It's like on a school morning when your dad or alarm wakes you up and you pull the covers over your head and you just sleep in on accident. I just did that over and over again.

The fifth or sixth time I woke up, though, I couldn't handle it anymore. I was going to raid every single thing they had to eat.

I stood up, stretching and yawning. I opened the door, seeing all sorts of complicated machines lining the walls. "Seems like I can't get away from Tails no matter where I go..." I said to myself sadly.

The next door I went through led to a giant hall with tons of doors. I groaned. I just wanted a freaking hot dog. Or seven. It was going to take forever to navigate through all of this.

Well, luckily for me, half the doors refused to open. And even better, none of the kids seemed to be in the tower. So... I could just say a giant squid or something stole all their food, not me.

Finally, I came to a giant room with an amazing view. The entire city was like... well, a bunch of buildings across a beautiful sea. The sun was up in the sky, making the buildings cast a shadow over the sea. There was a long, circular couch that ran in front of a T.V. that sat in front of the window, but didn't necessarily block the sight. There was a little dining area, too. Then, at last, I noticed the fridge in the middle of a kitchenette.

Before running over to it, though, I noticed something on the counter of the kitchen. It was a giant plate of waffles. I stared at them, looking to see if anyone was around. My stomach rumbled. They were probably for me, weren't they? I mean, who leaves a giant, untouched plate of waffles just sitting on a counter to get cold, slathered in butter and syrup... I looked around one more time... Then I took the fork that sat next to them and stuffed them into my mouth.

I was finished in mere minutes. They were so good. Better than the kind you get out of a box, and those are decent. Wow. This tower had everything. (Though I would have preferred chili dogs...)

Then something hit me. The tower was surrounded by water. I ran over to the window, staring at the city. I squinted my eyes, trying to see the distance. It seemed like at least a few miles, which wouldn't be too bad. Running straight across it would be a breeze. Unless, of course, something like Slade attacked me in the middle of it.

Which reminded me. If the Teen Titans were supposed to 'protect' me, where were they now? It was mid afternoon. They wouldn't be sleeping. And those waffles... They wouldn't have just been sitting out there for the night and still have been warm.

"Hello?" I shouted, my voice just echoing. "Is... Anyone home?"

There wasn't an answer, but I was still determined that something was up. There wasn't an attack at the city, (that I could see) so they weren't there.

I scratched my head. "Is this like a game or something...?" No, no, that was a stupid comment. Maybe there was something going on at the city.

"Yes." I leaped as I heard the voice, to my relief seeing Raven. I clutched my chest with a hand, waiting for my heart to slow.

"I... You...!" I was shocked and panicked. "I thought you hated me!"

"I got over it." She said dryly. "You aren't worth hating. Everyone else is on the look for Slade, and since you were sleeping, we didn't want to wake you."