You Don't Know Me

.............................................................
Listen to "Show You" by Shawn for this chapter! (The video 😍😍 he's so fetus!)

I would also suggest "Rise Up" by Imagine Dragons 😊
Xxx,
Sara
.............................................................

Sadie's POV:

I pace up and down my room, creating courage to go downstairs and do what was most terrifying me now: tell my parents my decision. I had no clue how they were going to react, but my bets were on that their reactions were going to be negative.

But I have to do this.

Without thinking twice, I quickly march out of my room and go down the stairs, where I find both of my parents already waiting for me on the couch.

"Sadie, can you make this quick please? I need to go back to work, I only left because you said it was important." My dad says.

"And it is. What I have to say is short but how long we will stay here is really up to you."

They look at me expectantly, waiting for me to say what was so important that I had made them leave work for it. I was so nervous, that my hand went to my other and towards my ring finger, where instead of meeting a metal surface, it meets skin.

Oh, right. That happened.

I take my hand away from the other one as my stomach sinks, this feeling of emptiness taking over.

Focus on what you have to say Sadie.

I take a couple deep breaths in order to calm down, and as I was about to start, my dad cuts me.

"Sadie, if you are going to tell us that you're pregnant..." my dad says with an extremely strict and warning tone, telling me if I was indeed saying that, his reactions were no way being calm.

"N-no dad of course not!" I say indignated, squinting my eyes at him. "It's about the decision I made."

"Which decision?" My mum asks me.

"The decision I made about what I want to do after school."

My mum's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion as she swaps a look with my father. "I thought you wanted to go to Cambridge, and do Architecture."

Suddenly I realize how things had changed so much. Whenever they asked me this question, I would just agree or stay silent.

But now I was going to put a stop to that.

"No."

There is a silence, my parents completely baffled by my rebellion. I knew they didn't like to be contradicted, but this had to be done. "That's what you want mum. I never knew what I wanted to do, but now it's different. I know already what I want to do with my life."

"Then what do you want?" My mum asks me. There was a fear of some sort in her eyes, a fear that I was going to potentially ruin everything I had always worked hard for by not doing what she was convinced I was going to do.

This is the moment Sadie. You have to do it. Tell them.

I take a deep breath, bringing out all of the confidence I could muster. And suddenly I realize that it was much more confidence than I had a week ago. Things can change so quickly.

Just like how I was once lost, but now I am not anymore. I know what I want.

"I want to be a songwriter."