day 1

day 1
06:15

life was a routine. it was a cycle of a continuation full of repetition. the sun rose, the birds chirped, and jin had to get up for work.

the smell of the bakery was a scent he enjoyed quite a lot. fresh bread and sweet pastries wafted throughout the shop all day long. after a while of working here, one would expect to grow tired of it, but jin looked forward to it everyday.

he tied the deep green apron at his back and slipped in to some comfortable shoes. rather than being on of the bakers, jin worked the counter and the register along with a coworker he's grown to be good friends with.

today was the day he and that coworker had separate shifts. unfortunately, he'd have to work alone for the day.

he rode his bicycle to his job every morning, and rode it back to his apartment after every shift. some days, work ended in the afternoon, and others it ended in the evening.

it wasn't like his life consisted of much anyway, so the commute never got in the way of anything.

the sun was showing signs of rising. it spotted the sky in dusty pinks and water color oranges. the purples and blues of the previous night were beginning to fade away behind the fluffy, dull blue colored, clouds.

the bike he cherished was sleek and light blue. it had a brass bell on the handle that he'd ring in a friendly manner whenever passing a familiar face.

jin inhaled deeply, taking in the refreshing air of early morning. there were days he wasn't too fond of waking up early, but having a job that required it made the fact seem less horrible.

eventually, it got the point where it was normal for him to be up at six fifteen, fixing a bowl of cereal and flipping through early morning cartoons.

the earbuds that comfortable sat in his ears were silent. he'd decided to just enjoy nature's music for the fifteen minute ride to his job.

an amused, but unnoticeable, smile creeped onto his face when he heard a lawnmower from up ahead. he thought it was way too early to be mowing the lawn, and when he saw who the sound belonged to, he snickered.

he came to a stop in front of the yard and waved to the culprit. "jinyoung is going to strangle you," jin shouted to the familiar boy who was walking his lawn mower up and down his yard.

"he isn't allowed sleep after the embarrassment he's put me through." the tool yugyeom had died down when he turned it off to speak to jin.

"you're so petty." jin shook his head, feigning dejection. the younger boy agreed without hesitation as he started up the mower again.

when jin saw the front door to the house beside yugyeom's flying open on it's hinges, revealing a sleep deprived jinyoung, he chuckled and resumed peddling down the sidewalk.

his boss was a sweet, older woman who was rarely in the shop. jin wish he had the luxury to come and go as he pleased, but he was an employee and she was the owner.

he had no one to greet but the empty booths—or so he thought.

a crash came from the kitchen. startled, his hand flew to his chest to instinctively calm down the erratic beating that was having a rock concert in between his ribcages.

"shit," he heard the chef swear from behind the holed window. it sounded like something tin of metallic clattered onto the floor.