first year ➤the new best friend

HIS CHOSEN GIRL chapter six-the new best friend[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter six-the new best friend
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

After the remaining first years had been sorted into their houses, the woman who welcomed us at the entrance of the castle, who's name I learned to be Professor McGonagall, clinks her spoon to her goblet collecting our attention. We turn towards the head table yet again and professor Dumbledore stands for a second time as he clears his throat and raises his hands.

"Let the feast begin!" He announces.

I couldn't help but appreciate the fact that he had done this speech however many times and yet from all the way across the hall, I could see the excitement in his eyes.

I awaited people to come out and place the food down on to the table but when I turned back, the food was already table! I couldn't believe it, that doesn't happen. That can't happen. How could they magically appear like that?

Oh.

I had already forgotten that I was at a school for wizards and witches. I'd better get used to it soon, I assume out of all the things that'll transpire this year, a load of food appearing onto the table is on the tamer side.

Speaking of the food, when I pull myself out of my thoughts at the incredible smells around me, I gasp involuntarily as does everyone else and I'm not surprised.

In front of me, on thousands of different plates are thousands of different types of foods. I hardly knew what to do with all that food. The amount on the plate nearest to me stacked mountain high with dinner rolls was probably the equivalent to what I ate in half a year.

A grin broke out onto my face as I piled my plate with roast beef and french fries and salad and, well, whatever I could fit. I made sure to stay clear of the peppermint humbugs. They didn't sound particularly appetizing to me.

"Wow!" Harry exclaimed loading up his own plate.

"Incredible!" Hermione agreed from his side although it seemed that she was more impressed by the magic that got the food onto the table than anything else.

I looked over to Ron to see what he had to say about the feast, but he was a little preoccupied... with stuffing his face.

I grabbed a french fry first and greedily shoved it into my mouth.

"Wow," I said. "Oh my gosh, food is so good!" I marveled causing some of the kids around me to laugh as I began shoveling down the other foods on my plate.