first year ➤flying lessons

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter eight-flying lessons[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter eight-flying lessons
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I've now been attending Hogwarts for a week and a half and suffice to say it's been the best week of my whole life.

Today is especially exciting because we've got our first flying lesson and I kind of feel like puking but I don't know if it's because I'm thrilled or because I'm terrified... or if it's because I stuffed my face at dinner again and I really don't think it sat right.

I've been getting up early with Hermione, determined never to have a situation like the boys and to stay on the good side of Professor McGonagall, I quickly throw on my uniform, brush my hair, and grab my books and such that Hermione has so nicely stacked for me at the edge of my bed. My poorly made bed to be completely honest with myself but Hermione's been busy teaching me social norms and how to adjust and wrap my brain around no longer being some homeless girl on the brink of starvation.

I decided I wanted a fresh start when I came here, to keep my old life behind me, but it just kinda slipped out to Hermione when I woke up in the middle of the night having a panic attack that this was all just a crazy dream and she had to calm me down.

"(y/n)!" She yells from the bottom of the staircase that leads up to our dorm. "Come on I'm hungry and I don't want to be late!"

Frowning, I glance to her bedside clock and laugh. "Hermione, breakfast starts at 7 and it's only 6:30."

"I don't care," she says as I join her at the bottom of the staircase, and the two of us make our way out of the common room. "I want to continue reading so that I'll be prepared for flying later today."

"Hermione, no offence or anything, you know I think you're smart beyond your years, but do you really think reading a book will help you learn to fly?"

Hermione shrugs. "It definitely won't not help me learn to fly."

"Well... yeah I guess you've got a point there."

Hermione Granger. She's an interesting girl. I regret being so fast to judge her. I mean she's a little bit bossy sure and sometimes she's rude but without even  knowing it and although she's definitely a borderline know-it-all, but there's more to her, we just click somehow. I cant quite put it into words, but then again actions speak louder than words and perhaps it's not what Hermione says, but what she does that's allowed me to become so intrigued. She's also not all loud all the time, the Hermione I've seen has shown me that's she capable of not only being a good student, but a really good friend. Maybe when the boys give her a little bit more of a chance, they'll see it too. I really hope they'll see it too.