Chapter Ten

ANAIS

"Coco..." I'd been feeling a little light-headed since waking up this morning. Coco and I were walking down the hallway when my vision began to fade. I could feel myself ready to collapse so I held onto the wall for support. The was the nearest thing I could touch.

Coco was already afew feet away from me. He turned his head to me. "What's wrong?"

Tumakbo si Coco palapit sa akin. He encircled his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. I had no reason to fight it anymore. I rested my weight on him, my body slumping in his arms.

"Anais? ANAIS?!" There was panic in his voice as he shook me.

That was the last thing I remembered before I fell unconcious.

COCO

I stroked Anais' hair as she laid on the bed inside the clinic. Her face was as pale as could be. Kanina pa ako hindi mapakali. I wouldn't be able to until she wakes up. I kept hoping this was nothing serious. Baka napagod lang o hindi kaya nalipasan ng gutom.

My heart leaped when she began to move and moan. Her eyes slowly fluttered open. "Coco..."

"Hey, I'm here." I stroked her head, trying to soothe her. "How do you feel now?"

"I'm thirsty." She whined.

"Okay, diyan ka lang. I'm going to get you a cup of water." Mabilis akong tumayo. I went to get a cup of water from the dispenser and handed it to her. I helped her sit up and she drank like she'd been in the desert with no water for days.

My eyes narrowed at her. "Are you on one of those diets again? Damn, Anais! Papatayin mo ba ko sa pag-aalala?"

"I am not on any diets and don't shout at me. Sinabi ko bang mag-alala ka?" Mataray na sabi niya.

"You are impossible." I shook my head.

"I almost died na nga tapos aawayin mo pa ko?" She pouted. "Kung susumbatan mo lang ako dapat iniwan mo na lang ako dun."

All I could do was sigh. "Fine. I'm sorry. Ako na ulit ang may kasalanan." I hugged her and buried my face into her shoulder. "I'm just glad you're okay now."

The curtain wall around her bed opened and a nurse in white scrubs went in. "Kumusta na? How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay now." Anais answered.

"I took your temperature normal naman." Sabi ng nurse. "Kumain ka ba ng almusal, hija?"

"I did. I actually ate alot this morning." She answered.

"I see." The nurse nodded and her face shifted into something else. "Palagi ka bang nahihilo?"

"Lately, yeah."

"Palagi kang inaantok?"

"Mhmm." She nodded her head.

"Palagi kang gutom?"

"How do you know all these?" Tanong ni Anais.

"Maraming akong naging pasyenteng ganyan din ang sintomas." The nurse said in a flat face.

"Are we having an epedimia here in school?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Siguro nga epedimia na matatawag yan ng mga bata sa panahon ngayon. Hija, nagpregnancy test ka na ba?"

"What?" Halos magkasabay na sabi namin.

"Hindi malabo ang posibilidad na yan lalo na at may boyfriend ka." The nurse looked at me.